Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project/Dual path on the same server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a need to cater.

I have 1 Dev, 1 QA, 1 prod...and thats all.. (no seperate project path/dual path)

Now, i need to cater both the project and the production path within the same server...

So my Dev would have - 2 ID configurations (one for prod, one for project)

Similarly QA

And finally Prod.

Is there anything else you can suggest on this if I do not want 2 set of config?

Firstly, is this advisable to have 2 set of codes in my production path ( 2 in Dev, 2 in QA ) - does SAP advise this? Or as a consultant would you advise this?

(I would on a personal front, keep changing my url/folder locations and pointer directions, to cater such a requirement)

Nextly,

is there an option of having multiple instances of PI in the same single server?

I hope, you all would have understood my requirement.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal,

Could you make us understand further more?

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

I do not have dual path in my PI environment.

So, I would like to know, if there is a requirement for end user training, (the end users have different training systems - pointing to another training system thru PI)

In this case, now I cant give away my D or Q for their traiining requirements.

what do i do in this case?

I have duplicated my ID, so that both the training usersand myself can work parallely on say, Dev.

Is this a good practice to have duplicated code sitting in your Dev and QA, which would never be moving to Prod? I presume NOT.

Is there any place where I could see the best practice for setting up environments, like dual paths. D-Q-P not to be in sync always and not having any other codE/config?

Have seperate training environment.

Have a sandbox to be worked up always and not to touch the Dev directly?

This would help me to present it to my client and make them to go for more servers than the Dev, QA and Prod.

Thanks,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

f5

Edited by: V Vishal Prabhakar on Jul 31, 2009 1:49 PM

Edited by: V Vishal Prabhakar on Aug 3, 2009 10:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

??