cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Connector and RFCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i'm currently in a SAP IS-Retail implementation and i need to invoke RFCs (SAP RFCs) in a third-party system.

If this third-party system is a java based application, may they use the SAP Java Connector to invoke our (SAP) RFCs???

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Paulo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Of course they can. Check this for more info http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ed/89746bea5011d6b2e800508b6b8a93/frameset.htm

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim, thank you for your quick post.

I just want to clarify some issues about this.

Our SAP IS-Retail version is 4.7C*200 and we don't have WAS. Is this an incovenience?? Or i still may use the JAVA Connector??

Thank you,

Paulo

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

You can use JCo from standalone applications too. WAS is not obligatory.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/35/42e13d82fcfb34e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

so, in my scenario NO WAS, the third-party system may invoke our RFCs, using JCO, and the only thing that i have to do is open a RFC Destination?? Is this true??

Do we need more SAP Customizations?? Or the "all the work" is in the third-party side??

Where can i get the SAP Java Connector without an marketplace user???

Thank you very very very much.

Paulo

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

> so, in my scenario NO WAS, the third-party system may

> invoke our RFCs, using JCO, and the only thing that i

> have to do is open a RFC Destination?? Is this

> true??

JCo library is the only thing you need on client side.

> Do we need more SAP Customizations?? Or the "all the

> work" is in the third-party side??

Functional modules must be RFC enabled to allow Java call them.

> Where can i get the SAP Java Connector without an

> marketplace user???

Sorry, I don`t know. JCo is definitely part of NWDS and Sneak Preview version of SAP J2EE WAS (available on SDN), but as standalone library - I don`t know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

In my opinion you can use the JCO in the stand alone application aithout any problem. The thing you will have to consider is the files required for JCO to work correctly. First and for most you must have the sapjco.jar file and it should be ointed by the classpath variable, and if you are working in Windows OS then you should have the librfc32.dll and sapjcorfc.dll files in the system32 directory of the OS( e.g. C:\WINNT\system32). For more details refer service.sap.com/connectors.

Reply back for more help

Regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Guru,

but clarify me another thing: This files that you refer (sapjco.jar, librfc32.dll and sapjcorfc.dll) are included in JCo??

Another issue - i know that i have to create an RFC Destination. For this do i have to create an SAP User (communication user)??

thank you very much,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo

1)All the dll and jar files ar epart of one zip file which you download from service.sap.com

2)yeah you need to have to create a SAP logon user who has permissiosn to exceute the RFC

Hope this helps , please do not forget to reward points for helpful answers

regards

rajeshlr

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

For the kind of situtaion you have stated, SAP JCo is the best answer and you can also see the number of recomendations you have got.

CHECK-LIST for JCo

First download the JCo connector from OSS which is compatibale to the version you are using.

then

1) install Java and configure the class path in Desktop > My computer ( Right-click) > properties > Environment variables > class path

2) We have also used Tomcat and ant server, so please check them if you need.

3) 'librfc32.dll' in WinowsNT > System32 > replace.

4) sapjcorfc.dll and SAP JCO in the java class path, also the documents and other demo's place it in java folder.

5) Create connections in java with the program given Example1.java and connections are given above.

6) in SAP, go to RFC connection, in create connection we have to

name as JCo

Type as TCP/IP connections

Description - anything you wish

Activation type - Registered Sever Program

Program -JCOSERVER01( as I remember)

hope its useful.

cheers

ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo