cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete messages stuck in status 12, Recorded for Outbound Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on a PI 7.10 SP8 system. I have 59,000 XML messages showing in status 12 ( Recorded for Outbound Processing) that I would like to just delete or cancel. These have accumulated over several days of testing interfaces. If I have to allow them to be processed, that would also work but is not needed. I have read about 6 different forum threads and tried several things but nothing has worked yet. <br>

The messages can not be cancelled from SXMB_MONI. <br>

The queues are no longer showing in SMQ2. <br>

I have tried restarting and re-registering the queues. <br>

I've tried RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES and RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES. <br>

SWPR & SWPC show nothing to restart. <br>

Any ideas on something else to try? <br>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Even though you may have done it already,but could you just run the report RSQIWKEX and see if it helps.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried RSQIWKEX, but it didn't seem to do anything. I'm not sure I understood the parameters - just one time value. It defaulted to 00:20:00, which I ran, and also tried 23:20:00. No output from any run. What should I expect?<br>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey jason,

All these reports will work only if you have messages in queue. if there is no message in queue, you can't do anything.

I think some has alrdy deletd messages from your queue.

Regards

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I beleive you dont need to do or can do anything about these meesages. If you have no entry in queue, u can't cancel them... They are as good as any failed message.

I had same problem once when 70000 messages got stuck due to deletion of queue(and that was production environment of one of the worlds largest SAP customer). We just left them as it is and nothing bad happened.

regards

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there not a way to delete them using any database commands? They are taking up 120GB of database, which is what I'd like to free up.<br>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inder,<br>

Thanks for the reply but PI only lets you delete or archive a message that is in a complete or cancelled state. Archive and delete jobs are running and do not affect messages in state 12 unfortunately. I also had messages in state 14 and those I could cancel which moves them to state 3 and then they can be archived. It appears there is not a method to do the same thing with state 12 - at least that I can find or anyone has pointed out.<br>

-Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found the solution for this. Report RSXMB_CHECK_MSG_QUEUE has an option to cancel messages in state 12. It moves them to state 21 - ready for archival. Then they can be archived and deleted. <br>

-Jason