SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner Fields not getting saved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have different fields meant for Organization and Person (BP Category).

I tried to bring 'Organization' fields in 'Person' category with the help of field Grouping. I am trying to create BP with MKK role.

But when I try to maintain those fields in FPP1 and FPP2, the values are not getting saved. Few fields such as Legal Form, Legal entity are working fine.

But other fields related to Organization, such as: Industry Code 1, Industry Code 2, attribute 1, attribute 2 etc. are not getting updated.

Please suggest how to save these fields in Person category with MKK role.

Thanks,

Vandana

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vandana,

Firstly, this is an inconsistent scenraio - the organization fields SHOULD NOT get saved for person, even if they are brought to the UI by changing the customizing. Ideally, you should bring this to notice of SAP support and get it corrected if organizations specific fields are getting saved for person !

I'm aware of how this bug can be extended to other fields -

1, to bring organization specific fields to the UI for person, you need to change customizing in transaction BUPT>Control>Field grouping--> Field grouping per BP Category.

Here, just unhide the org specific fields from the person customizing.

2. Probably you are able ot save some fields correctly, since SAP has forgotten to do the checks for BP's created through SAP gui ( The assumption is that no one will change BUPT customizing, so there will never be a case of UI tampering!) Anyhow, through BAPIs all the checks are present and you will not be allowed to save org data for persons.

3. If your solution needs org specific fields, there are 2 better ways to do it-

a) use EEW. Enhance table BUT000 with new Z fields or create a new Z table that contains these fields.store the org specifc fields as part of a Z feature.

b) save the org specific fields in an organization BP, then link the person to the organization using relationships. While reading the org specific attributes, you need to go through the relationship.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Rishu.