cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need great advise to change one of the SAP client Business through PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

we have R/3 system , in this R/3 data is coming from 3rd party system for one business purpose having the more than 500 files,in 3 months, one file contains the 5000 lines of documents.

here in this system having the lot of problems like they are comparing the data from other systems ,

so could any one advise that if in this process would have the PI system , how better it is .

we are using the ECC 6.0 . if PI implemeted can we over come the problems .

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalyan,

If it will be used only for comparision then I would not advise to use PI. Rather let it be in ERP only, because it is more robust than PI.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is instead of files are coming to R/3 , if the data come through PI

how would be the results, not only comparision, thier are lot of problems like ovewrflow and double postings , accounts block...

it is taking the lot of time and some times our entire team is searching for route cause for the failure

it's too hard to find ,

Please advise

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Some of the issues you mentioned:

ovewrflow: You can reduce this with PI because you can schedule the file adapter so that it has one file at a time.

double postings: Since the file will read only once and then after that you can move to archive directory you may not run into this.

accounts block: This is probably in SAP. When you are trying to post one file with one account number and simultaneously if you are trying to post a different file with same account, then you will get blocked. Since you pick only one file at a time, then you can eliminate to a certain extent.

But for comparisions then SAP only would be the best option. We can do this in PI also, then try to see how much time it takes in PI and in SAP, then you can go accordingly.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>thier are lot of problems like ovewrflow and double postings , accounts block...

As far as i know,all of these are ERP related issues,not middleware related,so i don't see a point of asking the client to implement PI.

if there are any integration related issues,you can very well use PI

Thanks

Aamir

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is taking the lot of time and some times our entire team is searching for route cause for the failure it's too hard to find ,

This is the best place where use of PI could be proved vital. With PI you can monitor and administrate the end-to-end flow and it won't take you more that few minutes to identify the type of problem. One similar case is with the WS adapter these days available with PI 7.1. It is also used through PI to enhance monitoring capabilities.

The other problems you mentioned can both be handled by PI as well as somewhat in ECC. For long term strategic integration solution, I would suggest to go for PI.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>if PI implemeted can we over come the problems .

What problems you want to overcome?

>>like they are comparing the data from other systems

How will you achieve this via PI.

Of course you can't replace ECC with PI since they both server different purpose.

PI is a middleware tool and can be used to supplement/replace other middeware tools.

Thnaks

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Jul 30, 2009 10:01 AM