cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Format of Product Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is pertaining to issue with Product Number, I am CIFing numeric product.

I am trying to CIF 8 digit Product code from ECC to APO and its getting CIFed as 18 digit code in /SAPAPO/MATMAP table in Extnr Material Number field, while displaying MAT1 its showing as only 8 digit.

I then changed the settings to Field length 18 and activated the lexicographical check in spro in produt master data and also the same setting in OMSL transaction code.

But when I activate the CIF queue with this setting it gives me an error that Product field length is less.

I then changed the spro setting and configured the lenghth as 40 and in OMSL its 18, now the product is getting CIFed with leading zeroes and is also displayed with leading zeroes.

My requirement is that the produt should get CIFed as 8 digit and should also be diaplayed in the table as 8 digit.

Can someone please tell me what should be the setting in spro and OMSL transaction so that their are no leading zeroes displayed and also in SAP table its not stored with leading zeroes.

When I create the product directly in APO their are no leading zeroes in table and display.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjog mishrikotkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjog,

The following are the settings where the output format of a

product number will be maintained

In R/3, the lexicographic setting will be done in spro>logistics-general>

material master>basic settings>define output format of material numbers.

In APO, it is done at spro>APO>Master data>Product>specify output format

of product numbers.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I have the same issue. I tried to maintain the above said settings. But in both systems it's showing error stating "Material already exists with leading zeros".

One solution is to delete all the material from both systems and recreate them again. But this is not practicable.

Can you suggest some other means to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Pratyusa

Answers (0)