cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

putaway,Replenishment, Picking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a material that is stored in two storage types of the warehouse (say Storage type A & Storage type B).

Storage type A is high rack.

Storage type B is fixed bins and will be replenished from Storage type A. The picking for outbound should happen from storage type B.

What would I put in the default putaway and picking indicators in the WM1 view of the material master for the warehouse?

How can I maintain 2 storage types data for the same material in the same whse?

For stype B, on WM 1 view , Should i leave the putway and removal indicators blank and only maintain the min,max & replenishment qty's in the WM2 view?

Please share your knowledge on how this can be done.

Upon goods receipt, the material would be putaway in high rack ?

Internally, a replenishment would transfer the material from high rack to fixed bins

Upon picking, the material would get picked from fixed bins?

I feel I should guide the system to follow a storage type search sequence for stock removal and putaway? (so, search high rack for putaway & search fixed bin for picking)? Would this be a good approach?

Please share your knowledge on how i would set this up.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Replishement we need two storage types

Step 1

1. Fixed Storage type - removal and putaway strategy as fixed bin strategy.

2. Random Bin (HIgh Rack) - As required.

Step 2

1. Define the storage type indicator for removal and putaway

Step 3

1. Define a new movement type (copy 320 of standards) and maintain reference storage type search value(XXX).

Step 4 (OMLY - Tcode)

1. For Putaway - Wno. / A / storage type indicator / and all requried fields - Storage type (HIgh Rack)

2. For Removal from Fixed BIn - Wno. / E / storage type indicator / and all requried fields - Storage type (FIxed Storage type

3. For Replishment from High Rack to Fixed Bin - Wno. / E / storage type indicator / *Reference storage type search (XXX) */ and all requried fields - Storage type (High Rack)

Step 5

Setup the replishement control in

SPRO - LE - WM - Activities - Transfers - Stock transfer and replishment control.

Step 6

in MM01 maintain storage indicators for removal and putaway for both storage types.

Addtion to that for Fixed storage type

Maintian Storage bin, Min, Max and Relplishement qty.

Hope everything is clear.

Regards,

Indhira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

In Step 5, what is the impact of the replenishment method for storage type indicator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Your information is very helpful

please take alook at my scenario for replenishment.

I have a storage type with 4 sections mentioned as below.

Storage type Sections Bins

ABC 004 100 Bins

ABC 003 100 Bins

ABC 002 100 Bins

ABC 001 100 Bins

ABC,001,100 Bins to be used as bins to where replenishment has to happen,from higher level bins i.e from 002,003,004 sections bins to lower level 001section bins.

Only one set of materials will occupy this storage type and they are batch managed.

Can we set up this replenishment process without creating any extra storage type.

My settings are as per below.

 I have copied 319 movement type and created a new movement type 320.

 This 320 movement type is assigned to ABC storage type.

 In material master WM2 view, I have maintained max, min and replenishment quantity.

 Using LP21, I trigger material staging, TR gets created.

 Using LB13, I create a TO for these TRu2019s.(here i need to automate TO creation immediately??)

 TO gets created.

 1. When I try confirmation, system is warning to confirm in two step.

 2. When I create a TO with 999 via LT10, System is giving an express error message u2013 enter requirement type for replenishment TO.

 3. TO is still getting creating and confirmed.

questions are >

any corrections to be done in my settings?? pls advice..

1.Can we not have this replenishment process active between two storage sections instead of 2 different stypes.??? An enhancement is also OK but how??

2.can we set up auto TO creation for these TR's created (without scheduling background Program RLAUTA10)

thanks in advance

regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Are u maintaining a storage bin in the WM2 view? Please confirm. Since u say u are running LP21 i will assume u are doing so. You do not need to create a new movement type. 320 is SAP standard for replenishment of picking area.

To have the automatic TO, here would be the setting.

Under IMG>LE>WM>Activites>Transfers>Define Stock transfers and replenishment control for the ABC storage type. Depending on your putaway strategy, maintain the replenishment indicator as 1( Transfer orders immed. for fixed bin), or 2 (Transfer orders immediate for random).

If you maintain the storage bin in WM2 view (MLGT LGPLA), with replenishment indicators mentioned above, when the stock in the storage bin falls below the minimum qty mentioned in the WM2 view, a TO can be triggered automatically. Enhancements MWMWTR001, MWMRP001 to 004 can be used to modify the replenishment logic.

Can you explain this statement:

 2. When I create a TO with 999 via LT10, System is giving an express error message u2013 enter requirement type for replenishment TO.

Why are you doing this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

> Why LT10?

> I normal bin transfers within ABC storage type. I use LT10 with 999 movement type.

But I suppose, since i have set 320 movement type for ABC Storage type, system is throwing this express error message.

not sure!!

Yes you are right i have set this fixed bin in WM2 View.

for auto TO, I have already setup the settings which you have mentioned. i,e 1 in Replenishment control for storage type.

still system creates a TR alone that too, only if manually LP21 is triggered. and no TO is created,currently i only have an option of creating TO via LB11 or schedule a background job:-(

one more quick question.

> in case of materials being batchmanaged,how does the fixed bin replenishment process would work?

ex .. i have replenished for fixed bin .. system has replenished material M1 with Batch 200901 and now the replenished fixed bin has material M1,200901 X quantity.

tomorrow i again replenish via LP21, (upto to now,minimum quantity of M1 200901,material is laying in the fixed bin,) system creates TR for same material with other batch????

but in principle, i am not supposed to merge two batches of same material into single bin.???

can we attack this issue with the user exits you have mentioned??

and also I couldnot see this 320 movement type for WH 001 in standard settings.??I am working on 4.7 version..

standard settings in V_T333.

001 317 Stck.tr.SLoc. StckRem JIT

001 318 Stck.tr.SLoc. StckPlcmJIT

001 319 Replen. for production

001 321 Posting change, quality

001 331 GI to sample

001 332 Cancel GI to sample

sorry for prolonging on this topic..thank you so much in advance.

regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Since you made a copy of 319 movement type, 320 movement type is behaving the same way. Under the settings of the 320 movement type remove the value for requirement type (V_T333 BETYP). Also use shipment type as Whse Supervision. Remove the This should fix the error.

The replenishment method 1 will get trigger a replenishment when an outbound pick causes the stock in the fixed bin to fall below the minimum value. Include mail control and when the Transfer order fails, u will get an error log into your SAP inbox. If this procedure does not solve your problem, you should schedule the job more frequently (say every 5 mins).

If you are going with fixed bin, you should allow mixed storage..else you would restrict yourself too much. Next empty bin strategy would be best suited for batch management. You can also try strategy I (addition to stock..where in principle the system first adds to existing quant and then finds the next empty bin. I have not used it but know it is supposed to work that way). If nothing standard would solve ur issue, then make your own stock placement strategy..where u can make a combination of fixed bin from WM2 view and next empty bin. Enhancement MWMTO003 is for own stock placement strategy.

Strange that 320 is missing. At least you are able to create a new one.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are the settings required to do the same:

Storage Type AXX - High Rack

Storage Type BXX - Fixed

Material Master: WM 1 View: Stock Removal : BXX (Indicator)

WM 2 View: Min/Max and Replenish Quantity.

WMS Settings:

IMG:

Warehouse Management ->Activities ->Define Stock Transfers and Replenishment Control->Maintain WM Movement Types

For Movementy Type 319 maintain Ref Storage Type search to be : 319

Warehouse Management ->Activities ->Define Stock Transfers and Replenishment Control->Define Replenishment Control for Storage Type

For Storage Type BXX, maintain 319 as Replen Movement type.

Then set up the storage type search as follows:

WhN Process TypeIn. Ref Storage Type Storage Type

XXX A BXX 319 AXX

Thanks

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses.

You have guided me to the right direction.

In the replenishment configuration, can you clarify what is the impact of the replenishment method for storage type?

The options are blank, 1 for immediate TO for Fixed bin and 2 for immediate TO for random bins.

By leaving it blank, i think i should be able to run the TR for replenishment program and followed by the TO for replenishment program.

What is the impact of indicators 1 & 2 do?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to maintain define storage type indicator in customizing. The path is IMG-LE-WM-Master data- Material-define storage type indicators (one stock removal and one for stock placement) and add new entry for warehouse or use the existing one. Next step is maintain this storage type in material master WM1 view in storage strategy tab and stock removal and/or stock placement field. Then you need to go to customizing IMG-LE-WM-Strategies-Activate storage type search-Storage type search Determine search sequence and maintain WH No,Opert as A for stock removal/ B for stock placement / 2 for two step picking and maintain Storage class, spl stock category/stock category etc and typind storage type indicator as those maintained in earlier config and maintain a single storage type for both stock removal and stock placement respectively. this will ensure that whenever that material is received, it will be putaway in the defined storage type only and for removal it will go for the single storage type defined in customizing only. also, for fixed bin strategy, you need to maintain the bin for the storage type in Material master WM2 view.

Regards