cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing Age and to display stocks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working on design of a query where it is the Analysis of Title Ageing Process and ther stocks.

I have 2 key figures in my query, Stock Qty and Title Age (in Months).

Stock Qty has been a selection and restricted with variable Cal week

Title Age is a formula Key figure which calculated from Current date variable to Release date.

In my Query I have displayed all each Title against Stock Qty and Title Age.

My requirement is to segregate the Titles stock according to their Age with the following formulae <6Months Old, <12 months, <24 Months, >24 Months, N/A. Under all these columns I have to display stocks.

In Excel by using If condition we can achieve it but as the report is web requirement I need to achieve calculations it in BEx.

In Excel, for e.g.: < 6 months I will write formula as

If(Age>6,0,If(Age<0,0,Stock). Some tomes Title Age is having negative values.

I hope you understand my explanation. For the above each of the columns I need to display the stocks.

I am very grateful to your cooperation in this.

Thanks,

Sudha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudhakar ,

can you not have formulaes for all the columns described above , it would anyway show up on the query and you could use it in the web also?

What is the difficulty you face in getting the same on the web? You will have to use BeX formulae and not Excel formulae for the same.

Arun

P.S Awarding points is a way of saying thank you on SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I think you did not understand my post. I want to know how to use If Else using boolean operators in formulae(<6months,<12 months etc).

If you write in Excel and you have to save as work book there fore you cannot publish in Web. so I have to use boolen operators.

You may understand this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I want to use as follows. for eg. for the column <b>< 6months</b>, I want to write the formula as

I want to feed the Stock in to <6 months column.

I have to apply my logic in Bex as

If Age is less than 6 and less than 0 then display stock. I mean it compares the Age of title and it brings the stock in < 6 months column.

Thanks

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/71/0aec3b6e011341e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Create a formulae for the column

((age < 6) AND (age > 0))* stock

the above formulae will give you the stock value if age lies between 0 and 6 or 0 ...

try this out and let me know if it works...

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ARUN,

The formula you said,*. It means you are multiplying.

((age < 6) AND (age > 0))* stock

Thanks,

Suresh