Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no. of range for customer

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Two different no. of ranges for customers are defined for two different sales organizations.

Q1: Why customers can be extended between those two sales organizations, i.e. customer 1234 can be extended to sales org. 1002 wihout changing its customer code (example below)?

Q2: Customers under different sales organizations have different reconciliation accounts. It's not proper to extend, right?

Q3: How to prevent from extending?

Example:

customer 1234 under sales org. 1001 has reconciliation account 6000000

customer ABCD under sales org. 1002 has reconciliation account 6010101

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Two different no. of ranges for customers are defined for two different sales organizations.

Note that in standard SAP number ranges for customer master are defined for Account group and not for or at sales org level or at company code

Number ranges for CMR is controlled by account group

Reconciliation account for a customer is created at company code data in their CMR

Means customer ABCD under company code 1000 say two sales orgs 1000 and 2000 both assigned to company code 1000 will have only one Reconciliation account say 6000000

For your requirement you need to define two account groups , 2 company codes and two sales orgs

But i think you are unnecessarily confused with something else there wont be any mix up of data

A customer can be one and his code can be only one say xxxxxxxx

This customer xxxxxxxx can lie in there company codes say 1000,2000.3000 say three sales orgs 1000,2000.3000

Sales org 1000 assigned to company code 1000 like that for 2000 and 3000

If this is the case then the general data will be the same and data will vary from company code level and sales area level

SAP has defined CMR perfectly considering business scenarios

Regards

Raja

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly, thanks for all your valuable advice.

Yes, number range is controlled by account group. But, two different no. of ranges have been already defined for two different account groups here.

Let's say sales org. 1001, the no. of range for account group ZKU1 is 1000-5999. Sales org. 1002, the no. of range for account group ZKU2 is 6000-9999. No need to change customer code, customers can be extended between those sales organizations.

Why? U know, they have different no. of ranges. In my understanding, they cannot be extended.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct

In the scenario explained by you they cannot be extended

But if someone has configured like this then it is not correct in my view

Because according to the scenario explained by you if actually there is only one customer say XXXX then in sales org. 1001, and account group ZKU1 he will have a number 1000 and in sales org. 1002, and account group ZKU2 he will have a number 6000

System will understand that as two different identities eventhough practically and logically it is a single customer that is XXXX

There are two records which is unnecessary ( a wrong mapping)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the number ranges of customer is different in two Sales Area then in my point of view they can NOT be extended. The reason behind my thinking is the number range which is assigned to account group it self will contradict. By extending the customer mean that customer also belong to the other sales area after extension but how you will determine? Again the account group will extend in your case and thats why there will be two account group for the same customer which again will have some impact.

hope it is clear.

Thanks,

Raja

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja, many thanks for all your valuable comments.

So, how to prevent from this extending? I try to solve it but fail.

Looking forward to your further advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Please try to remove the Reference sales orgnaisation and combined sales organisations from transactions OVAO, OVAM, OVAN,

Now check, it wont allow you to extend the customer master from one sales organisation to other.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy,

I was just thinking why you want to restrict this? I mean if you dont want to extend simply dont extend..... The authorization of creation of customer and extension will be with some specific person. So it depends on business also.

Anyways if you want to restrict then you can check with Mr Santosh's suggestion. If it wont work then you will have to put a check in Account group User exit to check the Number range and account group and then not allow the customer to extend.

Thanks,

Raja

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh, Raja,

The reference division, etc. is already itself, i.e., no reference between those two sales areas. Customers can be extended.

Thus, Raja's solution works fine.

Again, many thanks.

Edited by: Cathy on Jul 31, 2009 9:52 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cathy

You can try maintaining sensetive fields for Reconcilation acct,Sales org in ur customer master data preperation in FI Acct receivable>>preperation for customer master setting.

Apart from that u can maintain a custom message and assign that in error messages for customers where if customer is extended in another sales org system will issue warning or error.

There are few enhancements available at Account group level which also can be used.

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Customer Number range is based on the ACCOUNT GROUP and not on the sales organisation, Pleases check in OBAS transactio code

In order to make the Data consistency across all the Sales organisations we can extend the customer which was created under one sales area to other sales area

We can also use the same Reconcilliation account for different accounts, because in FS00 The Reconciliation account is created for a company code, so we can use this reconcilliation account for all the customers which were created under that company code.

Hope it is clear now, if not please revert with some more details

regards,'

santosh

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Q1: Why customers can be extended between those two sales organizations, i.e. customer 1234 can be extended to sales org. 1002 wihout changing its customer code (example below)?

Normally there is no need of new Customer Code if you want to extend a customer already open in one Sales Organisation to Other sales Organisation. But it depends upon company's requirement. It is possible to extend customer 1234 to new sales organisation of SAME Company code to new Sales Organisation without changing the code.

Q2: Customers under different sales organizations have different reconciliation accounts. It's not proper to extend, right?

NO, Reconciliation account depends upon the Company Code, so for having different Reconciliation account it is important that Company Code should be different.

Q3: How to prevent from extending?

It can be possible by not maiantaing the Common Division and Common Distribution channel

Regards

Amitesh