Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a subcontracting flow with APO.

I get a PurReq with the BoM it's OK.

But the system trys no to create a planned order for the BoM component at the vendor loaction instead a stock transfer order.

What can be the problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forget to create a transportlane from the plant to the subcontractor for the BoM materials.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/1a/1d50ea1f8c5d4680a73223ab130ef6/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have publication set for the vendor to send orders to R3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bernarnd,

The order flow in subcontracting can be confussing. The system is working as designed. and in fact models the process- the subcotractor is Producing the product thus the planned order at their location. This planned order is directly connected to the Purchase req for the finished good to your plant and they have a one to one correspondence.

So to complete your process you now have dependent demand for any components at the subcontractor(because of the bom of the planned order). You need to plan that item at the subcontractor and have a proper source of supply for that component. It sounds like the source is your plant. This planning will create the PReq at the subcontractor and the Preqrel at your plant for the component.

so the order stream is

you plan

demand at your plant for fg

it creates

preq at your plant for fg

with

preqrel at vendor for fg

this demand connects to

planned order for fg at vendor

and from the bom

dependent demand for component

when you plan this demand at the vendor you get

preq for the component at the vendor

based on the source of supply

preqrel for the component at your plant

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i get the demand on the vendor site, and this create a planned order ( i would expect a PurReq) but the number range i get is only the

APO internal number not the one i would expect from R/3.

I don't see anything at the Inbound or Outbound queue