cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP OS kernel upgradation from release 700 to 710

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We are upgrading kernel release 700 (185) to 710 (160).

In this we are getting an error of saposcol i.e saposcol is not started automatically when we run startsap.

Currently we are running our application on Kernel release 700 patch level 185.

Should we have to upgrade application pathes after to upgrade the kernel release 710 patch level 160 ?

Is there any dependency in between SAP Application Patch and SAP Kernel Patch or we can run the application on current application patch level, kindly suggest

Regards,

Mushtaque

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As Gautam said i could not find why you are upgrading from release 700 to 710 ?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Download the latest Startsap and stopsap files from the market place and replace the same in run directory then try to start the sap. i hope it will solve u r saposcol problem and mean time check the saposcol permissions as well.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only time I saw a saposcol not starting was because the sticky bits were missing. Just run the root.sh script as root and everything should be fine then....

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Ahmad,

Please verify,before upgrading the kernel have you Stop the SAP system and relevant Services and SAPOSCOL.Also check whether you download correct kernel patch from service market place or not,usually careful about 32 & 64bit.

Regards,

Rafikul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please Please be very careful when you use Kernal update and upgrade

Update is donw with same SAP realease to highter patch level . Upgrade is done when SAP version needs to be upgraded to higher version . Each SAP version has underlaying technology which is based on some kernal levels say 620,700 ,710

On top of this patches are released

Some versions may be compatible to work with multiple kernel releases

There are OS based steps to change the executale files . Please check help.sap.com to get this steps

Success!!

-Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mushtaque,

I am not clear on your purpose for kernel upgrade from release 700 to 710. Your SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA version showing as 710 or 700. If it is 700, there is no reason to change your kernel release. The latest patch is 201. You should go for this patch incase release 700.

Also, as a post processing steps you need to run saproot.sh with root user after kernel upgrade.

Also please find below link for saposcol options.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c4/3a6c40505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Gautam