cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture employee salary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want capture employee salary who is working in deffrent projects. i want capture planned actuals please give your valuable solutions.

regards

etr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please explain me how actual costs book.

regards

etr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To capture the Employee salary:-

-Define the Employee in PA30/PA40 with a combination of Cost Center(this is the cost center to which the employee is assigned).

-Create a activity type at controlling area level and assign the same to the PA30/PA40.

- Define the rates in combination of Activity type & cost center thru KP26.

- Salaries will be posted to the Cost Center as per the Organisation reporting and this cost center the cost will get allocated to different projects while the Time sheet boking and transfer to PS.

- E.g Employee no. 9999 - Assigned to cost center A - Activity Type 100

Rate maintainence Activity type 100 w.r.t Cost center A = 10USD/hr

Salary of person is 10/hr and total salary posted for a month to cost center is 1600 USD

And the time booked on the projects X, Y & Z is 80, 40 & 40 hrs respectively.

i.e Total cost debited to the cost center A = 1600 USD and the same cost has been credited from the cost center and debited to different projects as 800, 400 & 400USD.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks & regards,

KK

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi etr,

I hope you are using CATS.

Employees are booking man hours in CATS per project. Rate(calculated using employee salary) is given in KP26.

At the end of the month, you will have to transfer the man hour cost to the project in CATA. This will transfer the employee salary to project.

I hope i have answered your question.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Smile

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally at first step the salary is posted to the Cost Center that represent employee department as an organizational structure. At the month-end employee can use CATS to specify projects and hours we worked for during the period. Behind CATS you got direct activity type allocation that debits projects and credits cost center. The data flow is the same for both plan and actual.

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to PA 30 or info type 27(cost distribution)

specify the WBS element (or project), .....................with sub type 01.