cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message while creating customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am new in SD and am using the SDN for the first time.

I have created Company code, sales org, distribution chanell, division, customer account group and have done their assignment also. However while creating customer I am getting error message stating 'sales area not defined for customer'.

What can be the problem??

regards,

Subhrojit Dasgupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just have to create the common distribution channels and divisions in VOR1,VOR2.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the customizing settings in transaction#OVX8N,(Consistency Check) then goto SPRO-SD-Sales Document Header-Assign sales area to Sales Document type# OVAO.

You will get to know if you check both the settings.Revert if you still have any queries.

Cheers

CHandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error is very common when a new organization unit is created.

For solve this error you must do:

1 - You must configure the common division for customer and material per Sales Organization. (Transaction Code VOR2)

2 - You must configure the common distribution channel for customer and material per Sales Organization (Transaction Code VOR1)

Best Regards!

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you need to maintain the common Distribution Channel and Common division in VOR1 and VOR2 respectively.

Regards

amitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Please check the ASSIGNMENTS For the organisational units.

You have to assign the sales organisation to company code,

Distribtion channel to the sales organisation

Division to the Sales organisation

Sales area (which is the combination of sales organisation, disribtion, division)

Setup sales lines.

Please check these settings in the configration and try to create the customer.

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check in IMG whether you have properly done the assignment of sales org to company code, dist. chan. to sales org., div. to sales org.

Sagar