Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_PROJECT authorization check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently, I'm in an ECC6.0 environment.

I was performing an authorization trace on MK01.

I found that S_PROJECT was being checked.

S_PROJECT RC=0 PROJECT_ID= ;APPL_COMP= ;PROJ_CONF= ;ACTVT= ;

It seems to be checking for

OBJECT 'S_PROJECT'

ID 'PROJECT_ID' DUMMY

ID 'APPL_COMP' DUMMY

ID 'PROJ_CONF' DUMMY

ID 'ACTVT' DUMMY.

I check the program for MK01 : SAPMF02K, but I could not find any AUTHORITY-CHECK on S_PROJECT object.

I also run MK01 in debug mode, setting breakpoints at all AUTHORITY-CHECK statements, but still not found.

Question 1) So why did a trace on MK01 shows that there is check on S_PROJECT ?

In the previous 4.6C environment, I did a trace on MK01 also, there wasn't any check on S_PROJECT.

Question 2 ) Could this be some configurations issues not done after upgrade?

I checked SU24 for ECC6.0 and 4.6C, its same settings for

MK01 : S_PROJECT : CHECK : PROPOSAL NO

Thanks for reading.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

DUMMY means that any value in the authorizations would be sufficient to pass the authority-check. It does not matter what that value actually is.

It is like a plausibility check - my guess in this case is that you will see it in transaction SE93 displaying MK01 behind the "Authorization" field, it is being checked at the start of the transaction.

From the trace file you can jump to the source code location (if authorized) and if you find this in the function module AUTH_CHECK_TCODE, then you can be fairly sure that my above guess is correct.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius,

I used se93, but S_PROJECT is not the initial auth object for MK01.

From trace file, I manage to find the program where S_PROJECT is called - SAPLSHL2. But looking at the program for MK01, I can't find where this program is being run.

0 Kudos

I also tried using where-used search for Program SAPLSHL2 (where the check of S_PROJECT is in).

I got this error "Program SAPLSHL2 not found in Programs (possibly dynamic calls!)"

0 Kudos

> SAPLSHL2

Take a look in SE84 for the function modules in function group SHL2.

Or from the trace you can jump to the source code location.

The function module just modifies the menu based on the authority, would be my guess... If I remember correctly, it is used to build the menu.

Cheers,

Julius

gokul_radhakrishnan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As for as I know, S_PROJECT check is used in function module F4_GET_OBJECT_INFORMATION and is called when you press F4 for any fields. But this will be executed only when you have a check table. Check whether it is the same case in your example.

Regards,

Gokul