cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at runtime in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a pop up to allow the user to search for a specific item and select it from a list, populating a field in the main application.

When closing the pop up (using the Close Window or the Cancel Window actions) I get the following exception:

couldnt instantiate component for null XGL object or component Usage

I cannot view the trace because the pop up never closes down. I have establised that the data is being saved properly and populated in the main app correctly, and that if no data is selected the pop up can be closed with no errors. I have tried replacing the buttons, actions and pop up as well as splitting the actions over two steps.

I'm doing the same thing with the same list choice in another app and it works fine. I'm at a loss as to why it is occuring here!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that pop ups run within the portal that are not held within a nested model cause the error we were seeing.

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Emily

Do you have more than one action on the close button? Sometimes this happens when you have closed a window and still try and perform an action which comes or is based on it.

Jarrod