cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 2004s: RFC Connection -> "User not authorized"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

last week I have installed SAP Netweaver 2004s Sneak Preview on my system. Additionally, I have downloaded the RFC SDK 6.40 PL 32 and wanted to test a RFC-Connection with the startrfc.c example. Unfortunately, I get an error telling that the user is not authorized. I've searched the web and the SAP forums but all the solutions I found (use uppercase for example) didn't solve my problem.

It would be very kind of you if you can give me some hints how I can get rid of this message or where I can find more information.

Thanks and greetz,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

first of all, thanks for the fast reply.

Unfortunately, the two hints above didn't solve the problem.

I have both the S_RFC and the S_RFC_ADM objects in my profile. And, I have added the roles SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT_RFC & SAP_BC_AI_LANDSCAPE_DB_RFC. Without success.

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

daniel,

- what are the entries in S_RFC?

- have you created the authorization profiles for the two roles (transaction PFCG)

- do you have any relevant entries in the traces (ST11)?

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

the entries in S_RFC are "&_SAP_ALL" and "S_RFC_ALL".

The profiles are now created and I did a regeneration of the SAP_ALL profile.

What do you consider as relevant? I did not found something important. But I have to say that this was my very first install of a SAP product. So I don't have enough experiences to know if something is relevant or not.

Additionally, I guess it is helpfull to say that I always get to kinds of messages when I try to make a rfc call

1. "Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)"

2. "User not authorized. Session terminated"

Greetz,

Daniel

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

daniel,

if your connecting user has assigned the profile SAP_ALL, it's definitively no "authorization" problem.

the first message is the point:

it's seems to be an "authentication" problem, you try to connect to the backend with an invalid user / passwort. check transaction SU01 if your connecting user exists and reset his password to a known value.

kr, achim

btw: it's always nice to "thank" by giving points

Former Member
0 Kudos

achim,

I use the BCUSER for that connection. I know that this user exists and that the password is correct because I can login with this user in SAP Logon.

Thanks and greetz,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I want to give you a state report about this problem. We have solved the login problem yet. The solution is very simple, just downgrade the librfc32.dll from version 7000 to 6403. Then all the logins work fine.

But, unfortunately, now we have a problem with cpic-c when we try to read the content of a table.

If someone has an idee please be so kind an drop me a mail

Daniel

Message was edited by: Daniel Neuber

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

daniel,

does your user have the authorization object S_RFC in the backend system?

logon via SAPGUI and check it with transcation SU56.

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Can you make sure these roles are assigned to the user you are trying to log in with.

SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT_RFC & SAP_BC_AI_LANDSCAPE_DB_RFC

If not try to update your user profile with these roles and then re-try.