cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product type field in COMM_Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to classify product and service related product categories. Could anyone please let me know how can I fill the field is there anywhere I need to do in R/3. Awaiting your reply.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think if you brought the material group from back end you might have r3*styp sub type and here you can ee two types material and service.

or you can go too commpro1 and search via material or service , general c->category field tels you..

i think srm structures determines it is product or services for eg.

when you do shopping via describe procurement , you select service category automatically radio button moves to service from goods.

see my boss dinesh explanation from this thread.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Muthu. Let me put you in this way

1) Go to COMM_HIERARCHY

2) Search a category id. Double click on the same.

3) It will take you to category DATA. You will see product type ( in basic data of category).

F1 help says

If you specify a product type for a category, any lower-level categories you create inherit this product type. It determines which of the set types delivered by SAP can be assigned to the category.

You cannot change the product category as it belongs to R3MATCLASS. I need to fill the same while replication.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I do agree.

i believe when you search for category / material search option you can have product type

if you supply 02 you will list service product / categories. it is available in structure level. ask technical guy . he can help you.

br

muthu