cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export To excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used the example mentioned in the link

/docs/DOC-8061#58 [original link is broken].

But i dont know how to add the method like toExcel,trimHeaderText etc. if i add the code it is throwing errors

How to create private methods.

E.g

Before we can implement this public method, we have to implement some private methods for

separating the complete custom code into logical units:

u2022 toExcel() method: Creates a string containing the XML representation of the given

context data.

u2022 Trim methods: Trim given column header texts so that the contained XML element

names adhere to XML rules.

u2022 getCachedWebResource() method: Stores the dynamically created byte array in the

Web Dynpro Binary Cache with a specified name and MIME type. Returns an object of

type IWDCachedWebResource.

u2022 openExcelLinkPopup() method: Opens the window ExcelLinkPopup as a Web

Dynpro popup for opening the exported Excel Web resource via a LinkToURL UI

element.

Tell me how to proceed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the link you have posted regarding Export to Excel , you can download the project and import the project into

your NWDS , and use the project component in your project .

you can to just create a action method in your project component that you have created , for your button or the link

from where you are exporting the table or data content you want to send , fetch those data and send to the excel .

you can find the code that has to be written inthe action method in the PDF for the export to excel .

or you can go through the some of the web blogs related to export to excel ,

/people/subramanian.venkateswaran2/blog/2006/08/16/exporting-table-data-to-ms-excel-sheetenhanced-web-dynpro-binary-cache

Thanks

Answers (0)