cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I start a central installation of solution manager 7.0 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me, how can I start an normal central based installation of solution manager 7.0 EHP1.

I used system copy but unfortunatelly this's a wrong option, I wonder why there's no "sap installation directory" where I can select my database, it usually the case by solution manager SR3.

I checked the documentation, but I couldn't find something useful to let me proceed the installation.

Normally, it should be a directory called SAP systems where I can select my database e.g. MaxDB, but it seems that there's only 2 directory, one Standalone Engines -> Solution Manager Diagnostics Agent and the other Software Life-Cycle Options... What I did then is to select system copy and later maxdb but this is not letting anywere because the installation step get stucked by migration export.

Please, let me know, if you not the answer.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Kais

Edited by: Kais El Kara on Jul 30, 2009 11:55 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

R u trying to install in on 32bit system? if so then check this Note 1145779

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Actually, yes and no.

I'm using the wmware server to run my OS which's in this case "windows server 2003, eng, 32 bit".

So, I guess it's said that the solution manager 7.0 EHp require a machine 64bit.

So, in that case I need to run a new wmware instance where windows server 2003, eng, 64 bit is runing on it.

Regards,

Kais

Answers (0)