cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resend uncommited message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to some errors in our application system(ECC) , we have some messages which are in schduled status .(message recorded , commit missing) ,

Can we resend this messages from the application system. any program to do that , I tried using RSXMB_SUPPORT_RESTART but it says "Restart no longer possible"

I will not be able to trigger the new message from the application , I need to use the same message.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Runtime Workbench and select Component Monitoring. Then under Integration Server select Adapter Engine. There will be tabbed entries at the bottom of the screen. Select the Test Message tab. Cut your data payload from the failed message and paste in the payload data cell. Complete all the other Sender, Receiver and Interface information. Select the button to Send the message.

Alternately, you could also do the same thing with WFetch or another similar tool.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it is a idocs you can resend the same from BD87 but if it is some RFC or proxy then check with ECC guys may be helpful

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry , this is not a IDoc Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the below mentioned url:

http://hostname:port/mdt/index.jsp

Wherein select your messages and try to update/resend them.

Regards,

Venu V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu, I tried seearching for the message in the MDT but it is not there , i think as the message is still in the applicaiton sytem(ECC) , it has not reached the PI system at this stage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In such case check SXMB_MONI on ECC system.

1. If message process through there then check for "Holding" message in Adapter Engine of PI.

2. If message are still here then you can try to reprocess them from here.

3. If still it doesn't work then we need to change status manually (may be in tables) to process them.

Regards,

Gourav

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chek whether the entries are still in Queues. If yes then restart the failed entry of Queue and it will be processed

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

messages are not in queue to restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

messages are not in queue to restart

Hope you have checked smq1, smq2 in your ECC system.

If you find an entry in there, activate it and see if the message passes through.

If you are using a client ABAP proxy, issue would be because of the missing commit work statement after proxy call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we dont have the messages in the queues (outbound or inbound) .

The exacct problem is , when creating a order, this outbound or client proxy gets triggered which sends the message, due to some reason in order creation , the message was in shcduled stage in ECC and not reached PI,

i would not be able to do anything on the order to get the message triggered again ,

we need to tirgger the same message again using a report or some other mechansim.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the message was in shcduled stage in ECC and not reached PI

Then there is nothing that can be done in PI

Better if you post this Question in this forum:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm not sure how ABAP forum would resolve this thread,

the issue is to retrigger the message again in ECC using some restarting mechanism,not using the standard application ie. VA01.

i tried using this prorgram mode RSXMB_SUPPORT_RESTART in ECC in quality system and tried sending the mesasge by manipulating in the debug and i was able to resend that and i can copy this program into z program and transport to PROD. i'm skeptical to do this in PROD.

But i'm looking for any alternate mechanisms, if not , i've to use my own solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well only workaround is available as you said there was some trouble in ECC hence status of message is not properly updated, it is advisable in this condition either to change status of message in tables or debug ABAP program and skip status check conditions.

Regards,

Gourav