cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while syndicating Taxonomy Attributes and Values to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Im trying to syndicate Taxonomy data to R/3(SAP Retail). I have created Mechandise hierarcy, MC Category, Characterstic profile etc in R/3. Also i have mapped Taxonomy Attribute/Values to CHAR_NAME/CHAR_VALUE of ARTMAS04 segment E1BPE1AUSPRT. When i create a record in MDM and syndicate it t R/3 using XI it give me an error message : " No Characterstic could be determined for Generic Article". Article category is Generic Article.

Please guide me on this.

Thanks

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

You cannot syndicate the taxonomy attributes and values from the taxonomy table.

For this you need to create two separate flat look up table ( lets say - Characteristic & Values)

1) In Values table - there would be one text field ( lets say - Value Name) which would store all the values. Maximum length = as per defined in ECC

2) In Characteristic table - there would be following fields -

Field_Name Data_Type Maximum_Length Look_ up_table

Characteristic Name Text As per defined in ECC N/A

Description of Characteristic Text As per defined in ECC N/A

Data Type Text As per defined in ECC N/A

Length Text As per defined in ECC N/A

Current Date Literal date N/A N/A

Char Values Look up flat ( multi-valued) N/A Values

( PS : Description, Data Type, Length & Current Date are mandatory to post the Characteristic & their values in ECC)

After the above is completed you can create a syndication map using the Characteristic table to syndicate the characteristic & their values to ECC. ( This gets posted in ECC as CHRMAS idocs)

On the similar basis you need to create the flat look up tables to store & syndicate the Classes linked with Characteristics to ECC ( This get posted in ECC as CLSMAS idocs)

Once all these class, characteristic & their values are posted to ECC , you can assign these taxonomy data to a material record from taxonomy mode and syndicate the same to ECC [ This gets posted in ECC as MATMAS ( Basic Data) & CLFMAS (Classification Data) ].

Hope this gives you some input on how to handle these taxonomy attributes & their values in MDM.

Thanks

Devendra

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Please check the below points :

1) In MDM Syndicator , check if you can able to view characteristic values that you are syndicating in destination preview(you may also see by locally syndicating into an XML file). Incase you do not see your characteristic values, issue will be a mistake in syndication mapping.

2) In R/3 ensure you have maintained characteristic values in CT04 (characteristics management) for a given class type.Idoc fails if character doesnot exist.

Regards,

Vinay M.S