cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro - Leave Request Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

We have implemented the mysaperp2005 ESS business package on EP7. Portal is working, leave request is working, workflows trigger and open in UWL, UWL looks OK.

However the button to execute the workflow, "Launch Webdynpro", launches the wrong URL for Leave Approval.

It gets the Port wrong using 8032

http://ourserver.com:8032/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/ess~lea/LeaveRequestApprover

Should be port 53300

http://ourserver.com:53300/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/ess~lea/LeaveRequestApprover

Cannot find where 8032 is comming from, can can't find any config for this in the LeaveRequestApprover iView properties or anywhere else. Checked every property of the LeaveRequestApprover versus LevaeRequest iView: identical.

Regards,

Jimmy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

I need to configure the ESS MSS Business Package on EP7.0 with the backend ECC6.0

Do you have any documentation which can guide me about how to go about for EP7.0

I have the documentation steps, for EP6.0.

Is there any difference between confgiration steps on Ep6.0 and Ep7.0 ?

Thanks in advance,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must download the fiel ESS Config.pdf from SDN by Siddhartha Jain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jimmy,

Thanks a lot for your immediate response

I have that PDF File, So you mean configuration steps are the same for Ep6.0 & Ep7.0 ?No such changes in configuration between the two?

And what about MSS ?

Thanks in advance,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the portal(J2EE) and backend(ABAP) are in the same system you have to change only the port in the WAS settings from 80xx to 5xx00. xx is your sysnr.:

http:<serve>:port

If portal and backend are installed on different systems: System Admin ->System Config ->Universal Worklist->Administration . Edit your backend system and add the portal system in the field "Web Dynpro Launch system". Prerequisite is that the portal and backend is maintained in your system landscape and portal WAS settings are maintained as proposed with port 5xx00.

0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin,

Even after editing the backend system,I am getting Wrong URL error.

The URL system tries to access is

http://devep:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/com.sap.xss.hr.lea.appl/LeaveRequestApprover.

Can u help.

Thanks,

G.Jayaprakash

0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem was solved after changing the application from

"com.sap.xss.hr.lea.appl" to "sap.com/ess~lea" in transaction SWFVISU and reregistering the sytem in UWL Configration.

Thanks,

G.Jayaprakash

former_member196418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you ever figure this one out? We are having the exact same issue. It is pointing to the 8000 port instead of 50000.

Thanks,

Bert

former_member1287623
Participant
0 Kudos

had the same problem with the server name so could be same way to resolve your problem...

check parameter icm/server_port_0 in transaction RZ11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sebastian,

icm/server_port_0 is not set up.

I have only icm/server_port_<xx>

Do you thing I should I set up icm/server_port_0?

Regards,

Jimmy.

Param. Name

icm/server_port_<xx>

Short description(Engl) ICM server specification

Appl. area Internet Communication Manager

ParameterTyp Character String

Changes allowed Change permitted

Valid for oper. system All operating systems

DynamicallySwitchable

Same on all servers

Dflt value

ProfileVal

Current value

former_member1287623
Participant
0 Kudos

sorry, please look for the param in transaction smicm - goto->parameters->change...

Former Member
0 Kudos

So close!

The parameter is there

icm/server_port_0 PROT=HTTP,PORT=8032 PROT=HTTP,PORT=8032

but not editable, even in change mode!

former_member1287623
Participant
0 Kudos

next step would be to change a config file... on my SAP system running on a Windows Server the path is C:\usr\sap\[system]\SYS\profile\[system]_DVEBMGS00_[yourserver]

in there you can change the port (I did so for the hostname)

then you have to resart the system and it should work...

in my config file the port looks like 80$$ and the standard port is 8000 (shown in url of my webdynpros), so you should only change first two numbers...