Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display data in input/output fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello..

i want to do this..

1. search db based on stud id (stud_id) inputted by the user on sreen 1.

2. display related info of student on input/output fields on screen 2 from 2 db db linked thru stud id.

db: stud_info, stud_grade

thanks..

4 REPLIES 4

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Use a select query to check whether the id entered by the user exists in the db or not.

eg. select stud_id

into l_stud_id

from stud_info

where stud_id = p_stud_id.

if sy-subrc eq 0.

select *

into table i_stud

from stud_grade

where stud_id = l_stud_id.

endif.

then loop at i_stud & use write statement to display the data.

Best regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

hi, thanks..

im done on that part. question is how to carry over the record on scren 2 using the data entered by the user on screen 1?

also how would i be able to display these data on the fields itself.. thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lana,

U need to desing two screen, first screen will take input from the user and the second screen wil display details from both the DB. The first screen PBO you can set the GUI and in PAI you will process the input from the User. You will handle all the actions and validation with error message in the PAI of screen 1. After user has entered a valid record u will read the data from both the DB and populate the fields of the second screen. then call the second screen. Here also PBO will set the GUI and other options and PAI will handle the user action.

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi lana,

u can easily do it.

check the below code.

TABLES: TAB1,TAB2.

PARAMETERS P1 LIKE TAB1-SNO.

START-OF-SELECTION.

SELECT SINGLE * FROM TAB2 WHERE SNO EQ P1.

CALL SCREEN 100.

**Define input fields on screen 100 based on TAB2

Cheers,

Abdul