cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture cost in one G L Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement where i need to capture the cost (the one we get in VPRS) in a GL Account

At the same time this cost should not be added up to the net value that we will charge the customer

The cost should not get debited to customer account

is this possible?

how this can be done???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The cost is captured by MM as COGS during PGI. The VPRS in pricing is statistical and will not have any influence on the net value. It is used for calculating the profit margin. Please explain your requirement clearly and also the reason behind that requirement.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

My requirement is - the company is sending goods as a warranty replacement to the customers. so they want to charge the customer only the exsice and VAT... Since they have already debited the customer account wih the help of Selling price when the goods were sent to them for the first time, Now when they are sending the goods for the second time (as warranty replacement) they want to capture the cost occured in sending these goods, This cost has to be captured in a separate GL account (warranty account). also at the same time this cost should not be added to the net amount that is passesd to the customer.

hope u understood

please revert in case of any query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone..

any inputs on this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try out this process.

Go to IMG u2013 Sales and Distribution u2013 basic function u2013 account assignment/costing u2013 revenue account determination u2013 define and assign account keys.

Over here first define the account by copying ERL or ERS.

Now go to V/08 and select your pricing procedure and click on control data.

Go to VPRS row and over there change the account key with the new one created before.

also click on the statistical option for the VPRS condition type.

Save this changes over here for the pricing procedure.

Now go to VKOA and choose any one option from the first three which have account key.

Now save the data with the new account key with your specified account number.

Now try to create the whole process once again and check out which account is getting updated.

If problem exist then let us know

Regards

Raj.

Edited by: Raj Aryan Malhotra on Jul 30, 2009 2:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U can do this following way

1.Create a separate sales doc type for warranty replacement.

2.Create separate doc pric procedure and assign to this doc.

3. Define pricing procedure for warranty replacement by copying std proc and removing discount &other unwanted conditions.

4 .Define account keys for the warranty . do not change account keys for excise and taxes.

5.Assign the same to ur warranty pric proc .

6. define pricing proc determination for the same.

7. if u generate the sale doc by copying std ,copy controls and sales area assignment not needed to be defined,if u want to restrict u can change sales area assignments though.

11.Generate account determination for warranty pric procedure.

This way u can always track on sales doc level abt warranty sales done and if u have sales register developed u can also give total cost over a period of time.

this is a very simple way of doing things. Apart from this u can also do same by using order reasons and account determaintions based on the order reason.

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For your requirement create different document type such like SDF documnt Typ tht is subsequent free of charge .make an diffrent pricing with PR00 as statistical and make the Tax, Fright condition type calculated from it and also post it to the Gl a/c.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar/ Balarenga

i have already created new sales doc type, Pricing proc, Doc pri proc,

@ Raj :

i tried doing wat u had mentioned i.e Connecting VPRS to account key n hence to required GL

In this case the cost is getting added up to the net value that we will charge to the customer.

thuse the amount which is debited from customer account is inclusive of this cost also.

my requirement is amout tht is debited from the customer account should be exclusive of this cost - VPRS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DDP

SO have u mapped the pricing procedure correctly.

You can make effective use of 100% copy conditions like JDUM in this case.

Use the price as usual just activate 100 % copy condition by a requirement which checks the warranty sales doc or order reason .mark it as negative copy .so in total this part wont come but in g/l through acct key it will be captured.

in invoice printing u can print excise duty +tax totals as usual.

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.create diff sales doc type for warranty

2.create diff pricing procedure for warranty

3.Copy the pricing procedure you are using for standerd

4.In this procedure make the condition type for price PR00 as statistical

5.Add the Fright (cost occured in sending these goods)condition type if you have not maintained earlier, if it deffer thn create one diff for this fright contion type.

6.delete the cost condition type VPRS

this willl full fill your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have given statistical option in pricing procedure then it should not be added to the pricing.

Just put requirement 4 for the VPRS condition type.

Other wise try out this process also.

Create the new pricing procedure for the warranty material.

Now in that put one condition type which is discount condition type like as free of goods delivery.

That condition type will deduct the total price of the material and only excise and tax will be charged then.

Then this discount condition type can be captured on different account which I have already told you for VPRS.

Just try out this method also it might serve your problem.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its possible do in one way you dont want to add this in net then siply delete the same amount in iother step in pricing procedure.

let the VPRS is coming in 10th step

and the price is coming in 20th step and the net value is coming in 100th step then u can calculate net value 2 and where u can delete the VPRS amount from the net

ok.

Regards

Subrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subu

What do u mean when u say "Delete" it...

hw can tht be done

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry not delete just substract it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi subu

i dont think so tht is possible

because if i subtract or dicsount it from the net value i will need to capture it in some GL account

so i dont think tht is possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

make one condition as stastical another as its.

Regards

Subrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subu

Plaese elaborate

former_member673464
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can make a pricing condition as statastical in Pricing procedure. In transaction v/08 where we define pricing procedure steps, you can make a pricing condition as statastical by checking the third check box in the line. If you make a pricing condition as stastical , it will displayed in the pricing procedure and it wont reflect in net amount.

Regards,

Veeresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeresh

thanks for the reply.

But i want to capture that amount in one G/L Account.

So i cant make tht statistical