cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Java Api Releasing sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a Web App. I want to create connections to MDM using userSessionContext. The problem is that when

i use the code:

SessionManager.getInstance().destroySession(UsrCxt, SessionTypes.USER_SESSION_TYPE);

SessionManager.getInstance().destroySession(UsrCxt, SessionTypes.REPOSITORY_SESSION_TYPE);

for releasing the session, everytime i hit the application URL, i see 3 connections piling up in the MDM Console.

If i use destroySession then its fine, but i don't want to do this. Using destroysession, multiple users will not be able to work on the same app.

Please Help.

Regards

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

It is advised by SAP to destroy each session that you create and infact if you dont destroy the sessions it will affect your system performance because it is not guaranteed that the sessions will e Garbage collected and if collected then after what time of inactivity. You can put code for destroying the session in the wdDoExit of your application.

You need to use the DestroySessionCommand as there is no other alternative available as such.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Session Timeout Minutes" is the Parameter in MDS.ini that can be used to kill MDM JAVA API Connections from MDM Repository.