cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

I have a requirement to create a manual condition to capture accrual cost. For example, when I enter a PO line item to acquire an asset for $1000, I want to be able to enter a manual accrual amount of $100. At the time of MIRO, the accounting imact is as follow:

CR. Vendor $1000

DR. Asset $1000

CR. Tax Accrual A $100

DR. Paid Tax $100

I created a condition type with the following setting:

Condition Class: A (Discount or surcharge)

Calculation type: B (Fixed amount)

Condition Category: J (Customer expected price / customer val)

Manual Entries: C (Manual entry has priority)

Item Condition: Yes

Amount/Percent: Yes

Accruals: Yes

I added the new condition to the calculation schema and mark the condition as manual condition and statistical. I also entered 2 different account key which points to 2 different GL account in transaction OBYC.

However, when I post the invoice receipt, I do not see the accrual accounts being triggered. Can someone please tell me if my configuration is incorrect or I'm missing something here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Cassandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The new Conditiontion Type being statistical, it will not create an accounting entry. Statistical Conditions are like catalyst (having no impact in itself), which are only helpful for calculation purpose, but not accounted for.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pasapula,

This is Purchasing pricing procedure, so there is no setting in VKOA. The account determination is controlled by transaction OBYC.

Hello Rajesh,

I unchecked the statistical flag in the calculation schema and some how the system is still treating it as statistical. I tried to unflagged the "Accrual" flag in the condition type and this doesn't work either.

The way I have account determination (transaction OBYC) is as follow. I didn't include General Modification, Valuation Modification or Valuation Class. Perhaps this is configured incorrectly?

Transaction: ZAT

Debit: account 32261

Credit: account 32261

Thanks,

Cassandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Thanks for the responding to my question. I did set up 2 different transaction keys, one assigned to Account Key field and another one assigned to the Accrual field. Both of these transaction keys are assigned to 2 different GL accounts. But I still couldn't see these accounts being triggered at the time of invoice receipt. Any idea?

Thanks,

Cassandra

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Alsopls check whether you have maintained the account determination settings for both KOFI and KOFK combinations in VKOA.You will come to know the missing entries by going in to t code.VF02/VF03 Environment-Account determination analysis--Revenue accounts.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Pasapula.

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Pls check the account determination and let us know whether the entry is appearing for required recondition type.

Regards,

Pasapula

0 Kudos

Hi Cassandra,

Check if you set up the accrual key in the pricing procedure.

Thanks,

Mariano.