cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Variant Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on Variant Configuration and i have a Configurable Material with Super BOM Structure.

Separate Configuration Profiles are maintained for both Main Material and BOM Component.

Configuration Process is Sales Order (SET), BOM Explosion is at Multilevel and Application is SD01.

When i create a Sales Order, only BOM's of Main Material are getting Exploded, where as BOM of Components

are not been Exploded. When i am trying to create a Sales Order directly for Configurable Component,

then BOM gets Exploded.But this does not happen when i try for Main Material.

Can any one help me in this regard?

I want to know the reason for this and any further Customization settings, to make Components of Main Material

as well as BOM Material get Exploded in Sales Order.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The issue could be due to the following.

When to enter the Main material in the sales order. The Main Material Item Category will be "TAC" for which "Structure of scope" in IMG would have maintained hence it will explode BOM components. Now eventhougth BOM components have " Configuration profile" The item category is "TAE" which will not " Scope of Structure".

Now goto IMG item category configuration and maintain " Bill of Material/ cobnfiguration" settings for TAE. it will explode multi level BOM.

But when u enter the configurable BOM separately in sales order it will explode, because now BOM componet Item cat will be TAC

Hope this will help u

regards

Arun Prasad

Edited by: arun prasad on Jul 30, 2009 6:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for reply.

I ahd already tried with that option too.

But even then no result.