cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Term 2 field in vendor master

Former Member
0 Kudos

In vendor master (XK03), there is Search Term 1 and Search Term 2 fields. For some vendors, we have put values in both fields. However, when we try to do a 'search' for the vendor, it does not look into Search Term 2.

Does anybody know where we can 'activate' this field? I tried to enter it as a matchcode, but the system does not allow it.

thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

StephenM
Explorer
0 Kudos

So the questions can be closed out the answer to the problem is to use matchcode search "Address Attributes" on that screen (e.g. FK03, XK03) the search term 2 field appears and you can enter your search data there.

Source from http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=91942

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lanny,

Your first research area will be the "field status"  definition of activities and definition of account groups to understand the customization. Then you can understand why the search term 2 is not pulling up records. Search term 1&2 can be used independently of each other depending on the customization.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Oke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The search term 1&2 can be used independently of each other. You can enter the main part of the name or an organizational ID.

For example, for the company "Hechinger & Sons", you could enter "Hechinger" as the first search term. The second search term could then be the name ID you use within your company, to help you identify your data later. That's it.

Hope can help you!

Good luck

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, Tao. But my question is not how to use Search Term 2, but how to use it as a matchcode.

For example, we have vendor Dr. John Smith / ABC Hospital. In the vendor master, we have entered 'Smith' in Search Term field 1, and 'ABC' in Search term field 2. Later on, users would like to run a report for this vendor, but they do not know the vendor number. So, they would do an 'F4' in the vendor field. The screen that comes up only show one Search Term field, and when they enter 'ABC' in that field, the system does not find a match. However, if they enter 'Smith' in the Search Term field, then the vendor will be found.

So, my question is how can we enable users to search for vendors by using values in Search Term 2 field.