cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wdDoExit never called on custom FPM App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I been having troubles when I try to refresh a WD App using FPM. It seems that the wdDoExit of the Component Controllers were never called and never do this sentence fpm.exitCalled(); and the WD App crash with the following errors:

Exception occured during processing of Web Dynpro application sap.com/pb/PageBuilder. The causing exception is nested.

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to restart application due to problems to destroy the original exception

null

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.modelimpl.dynamicrfc.WDDynamicRFCExecuteException: Access via NULL object reference not possible., error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.modelimpl.dynamicrfc.DynamicRFCModelClassExecutable.execute(DynamicRFCModelClassExecutable.java:101)

at com.sap.xss.per.fc.persinfo.FcPersInfo.onCleanup(FcPersInfo.java:756)

at com.sap.xss.per.fc.persinfo.wdp.InternalFcPersInfo.onCleanup(InternalFcPersInfo.java:836)

Does anyone have this problem before. Any guideline would be appreciated.

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was a miossunderstanding using the CleanUp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orlando,

I do agree that FPM error logs can be misleading.

to invoke the cleaning up on the FcPersInfo you just need to call the cleanUp() method that is written in its component controller. If that is done then it should not be the cause of the error.

Please do a search on SDN to resolve JCo error which is throwing

"Access via NULL object reference not possible" exception.

Also the default component of FPM application should always be FPMComponent for the application to follow framework

Edited by: Aishwarya Sharma on Aug 3, 2009 9:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orlando,

Looking at the exception that you have posted it seems that when the onCleanUP() method is called before exiting the application some RFC error is occuring.

when the exit event is triggered onCleanUP() method is called for clean up of the contexts and to store back any unstored mandatory data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya,

I knew that the trace may confuse, I am using the FPMComponent as the default component for my WD App. If I change the default component for any of my VC(Component IVAC) the wdDoExit is called successfully!

Do you have any idea of what could I be missing in order to use the FPMComponent properly.

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya,

It seems that I am not using the cleanup method of the FCPersInfo properly.

I remove this call from all the components and even remomve the FCPersInfo as a used WD Component and everything is working.

I am still wondering how should I use the cleanup or onCleanUp method from FCPersInfo. I´ll award points for this explanation.

Regards,

Orlando Covault