cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach New Document to sales document (VA02)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All -

We are trying to get our arms around DMS and all that entails. Weu2019ve setup a content server and are able upload/link documents using several transactions e.g. MM02. However we can only link existing DMS documents to sales documents in VA02; there is no u201CNewu201D option which would allow us to upload/link a new document to the sales document. In DC10 Iu2019ve made the entry below which does not seem to have an effect in VA02.

Any idea what I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

/Greg

Doc Type: ZZZ

Object: VBAP

Screen no: 215

Create document: 1

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

for any attachment, to va02 or mm02, first a document is to be made in cv01n.

then only you can attach the document to the SAP transations.

Unless the document is in the server, u cant attcah the document directly in the transation with new functionlaity as you are asking for.

Regards

SURYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. Are you saying the "Create Document" option is not available in the sales transactions e.g. VA02. It is available in the material transactions (MM02). I have the ability to select from an existing document in the repositiory or upload a new one. This is what we would like in VA02.

Please clarify.

Thx.

/Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi surya,

I am trying to attaching a file using CV01n, when i am doing for check in - i am getting following error message

Error while checking in and storing

Message no. 26253

What may be the issues, even my my repositories working fine ( configured contentserver, status is active)

Regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.