cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pickup the file from FTP Server - Out side the Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the interface like this, File(FCC)---XI--File(FCC)

File will be placed in the FTP server which is not inside our network, How to read this file and process.

Please let me know the possible ways to do this

Regards

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>File will be placed in the FTP server which is not inside our network, How to read this file and process.

if XI does not have access to the FTP server then you can put an plain file/ftp adapter somewhere

where the access to this FTP is and use it to connect with XI - the easiest way

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michale,

No we need to connect to that FTP Server which is out of our network only

Regards

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simply provide IP of your FTP server and user id and password if required.

All other setting will be similar.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vamsi,

Either it is in network or outside network. If you have a sharing for the directory then you will use NFS else you will go with the FTP route. So in your case ask teh ftp server guys for the username and pwd and ask them to add the xiadm or piadm which ever version you have (I mean the OS users of xi) to add the permissions on teh ftp server. Then connect it with this ftp credentials from XI.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

even though it is out side of my network, can i pick up the files from there??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes vamsi. As long as you have the ftp address, user id and pwd and directory name you can pick it up.

We send and received files to banks using the same.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have established this kind of connectivity very often.

1) login to ur XI server (if its installed on Unix use Putty) or command prompt if using windws, and try to ping the FTP server to which you want to connect.

2) if you are able to Ping the server then it is as good as connecting to any of your local FTP server.

3) if you are unable to ping the server, talk to your network guy to allow XI to communicate with outer FTP server or sometime they setup some kind proxy which will allow you to cimmunicate with outer world. (All this neeed to be done by Networking guy). just say them that ur connectivity will only work if u r able to ping the server from XI. Let them do their job. (it will not be secure if you allow XI to communicate directly with outer network)

4) Once he opens the port/firewall repeat step 1 and 2.

Thanks.

Grewal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is pretty common scenario..

u just need to have the credentials of the FTP server user where the Xi server can ping...

place these paramters in the File sender FTP channel and you are good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is not possible to connect FTP server directly then you need common place either on your network or anywhere else where both XI and FTP server can access (something like common shared folder with specific permissions).

Then XI can pickup file from that location and FTP server will be able to dump file there.

Regards,

Gourav