cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS01 vs AS91

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an easy question (I'm a developer, not functional). When do you use AS01 or AS91? What is the difference?

Regards,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its like asking what is the difference between a structure and a table just kidding. I am learning ABAP and have been asking such questions.

you use AS01 when you are crating new assets. AS01 only creates the shell, the cost of the asset is added in a different step ( many ways to do that)

AS91 is used when you are migrating data from a legacy system. AS91 data will show separately on your reports ( History sheet) compared to assets created via AS01

Thanks,

Zaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaid,

Thanks for the quick response. Our key FA guy retired and actually, I'm the front for the business. We do have a couple more specific questions

1. What do you mean that AS01 will not show up in your asset history but AS91 will?

2. Here is the scenario - I purchased a new plant with 3,000 asset that were never in MY asset system. Would I use AS01 or AS91? If I used AS01 could I run an asset history and would they show? I would be putting them into a new location that has no assets. If I included cost dollars, would I use AS91?

3. Per you response, if I am creating assets and putting prior years depreciation (tax books) then I would use AS91, correct?

Thanks,

Greg

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Asset created via AS91 will show in your history sheet in the beginning balance, assets using AS01 will show under current year acquisitions. If you purchased new plants that were never in your asset system and you are brining values as of a xxx ( date on which you extracted values from the legacy system you would use AS91. Once these balances have been reconciled with the legacy system going forward you would use AS01 and then add value by ABZE or Ko88 etc depending on your business process.

Good timing by your asset guy, he retired and i will be looking for a job shortly

Feel free to get back with any questions.

Thanks,

Zaid

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one thing i forgot to add is that AS91 only impacts the subledger, there is no GL impact. Where as AS01method will automatically update GL. After loading assets with AS91. We need to load GL balances separately

Thanks,

Zaid

carla_matczak
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am reading your post from 2009, where you suggest using AS91 when you buy a new plant and want to bring their assets into SAP.  Do you recommend this when the new plant is going to be part of the same company code that is already live in SAP ? (i.e we went live in 2003, now we want to import a new plants assets)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

AS91 is for legacy data transfer.With the help of this tcode you can create a legacy asset and upload the transactional data.

It will update only Asset accounting and to update FI seperate takeover JV is required via OASV or through trial takeover process.

This transaction can only be used till the time company code status is 'test' in asset accounting after completion of migration company code status must be changed to '0' Asset data transfer completed -to avoide inconsistencies in dep calculations. After this system will not allow to use AS91/AS92 or OASV untill we will remove the status back to test.

AS01 is to create a new Asset in the SAP live system which was never in the system.It will create a new Asset Master in live system and to update values for this asset have to use standard transactions available for asset postings .Standard asset transactions will update asset accounting as well as FI ledgers.

Cheers

Mukta