Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification needs to be sent to distribution list

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to send email notification whenever there are any inbound or oubound messages successfull or error , is this can be done using Alert management or is there any other process?

I have to send the email confirmation to the customer / users whenever an order comes through PI in to SAP.

Please advice?

Thanks,

Menaga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To send alert emails to a distribution list you can follow this method:

1) Create a DL with the required email addresses

2) In tcode SU01 create a new user and in the Address---> Communication ---> Email Address ---> Enter the DL alongwith @ and the company domain....

Then whenever an alert is generated the configured users will get the message

I have to send the email confirmation to the customer / users whenever an order comes through PI in to SAP.

For this the only things that you can reuse are the Sender Interface (MI), Receiver Determination, Sender Agreement.....all other objects need to be created separately (both IR and ID)....it cannot be handled via alert configuration

If you want to send the confirmation email to the same DL that is mentioned in the above alert config then have it in the TO field of your Email Message.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks every one , I tried using Mail.Xsd as external definition in ESR and Created service interface and message mapping and had another receiver determination for mail receiver in Integration directory. I am getting the below error when I send the PO.

<SAP:Code area="XML_VALIDATION_OUT">CX_XMS_SYSERR_VALIDATION</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>Schema Mail.xsd not found in /usr/sap/PI3/SYS/global/xi/runtime_server/validation/schema/dd8398d035ff11d69438efe50a1145a5/httpcom.commscope.com/SI_EMAIL/httpsap.comxiXIMail30/Mail.xsd (/usr/sap/PI3/SYS/global/xi/runtime_server/validation/schema)</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

Thanks,

Menaga

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

Please disregard my previous message, I unchecked the validation in receiver agreement and it's working.

Thanks,

Menaga

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

I did see message for email sent out successfull but didnt receive any email. I checked in RWB it says no error, what could be the issue any idea?

Thanks,

Menaga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please check the junk/spam folder of your mailbox.sometimes it goes there.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

No it didn't go to junk / spam.

The last line of the RWB is

2009-07-30 13:19:09 Information The message status was set to DLVD.

Thanks,

Menaga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Can you please check t-code SCOT.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I did , it has SMTP node with host as local host and node is in use, port 25. Is there anything needs to be done?

Thanks,

Menaga

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean can you see any messages stuck there, specially in "Error" ,"In transit" or "Waiting" state

Thanks

Aamir

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

It has all 0.

Thanks,

Menaga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats really strange:)

You have used Receiver mail adapter and RWB (component monitoring and message monitoring) are saying that message delivered ,there are no mails stuck in SCOT but still you don't get e-mails.

Only other option would be to ask the people who manage your mail server(outlook) and see if they can tell you something.

I once had a issue due to antivirus on outlook that all mails from PI system we deleted thinking its a virus:).

Thanks

Aamir

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

One thing I found in communication channel is the adapter engine has "central Adapter engine" instead of Integration server. Not sure why the drop down soesnt bring IS? Is that an issue?

Thanks,

Menaga

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

I resolved the issue. Thanks everyone.

Thanks,

Menaga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Menaga,

Create one more business system for your mail receiver and use it in receiver determination. With this you can send the mail message for every purchase order. This will definitely fill teh end users mail box watch out for this

For failed messages you need to handle with alerts. Configure alerts for both integration engine and adapter engine so that if some thing goes wrong it sends a mail.

Please check this blogs for the alert configuration:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I have to send email notification whenever there are any inbound or oubound messages successfull or error

For failed messages you need to configure alerts in PI,either use ALRTCATDEF or CCMS.

There are no alerts for successfully processed messages,you need to configure mail adapter to deliver e-mail

>>I have to send the email confirmation to the customer / users whenever an order comes through PI in to SAP.

Configure one more receiver in conditional receiver determination(without any condition) and use Mail adapter in it.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member322289
Participant
0 Kudos