Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing ABAP client for Java UME in a double stack installation

kevshill
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have just installed a Solution Manager 4.0 system. It is double stack installation with everything on one host.

During the installation all the users required by the Java installation (eg j2ee_admin) were created in the client 001. After the installation I made a new client 172 as a client copy of 001 with the SAP_ALL option.

How do I change the Java UME which currently points to 001 client to the client 172 ?

regards,

Kevin Hill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kevin

though I never did this, you could try this:

- open the offline Config Tool

- Change to the config adapter view

- Go to cluster_data / server / cfg / services / com.sap.security.core.ume.service

there you can edit the connection settings for the ume (parameters start with ume.r3.connection.master...)

kr, achim

kevshill
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks, that was what I was searching for.

regards,

Kevin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case anyone else comes across this post, I can confirm that this works in an ECC 6.0 dual stack system. I deleted the client that the UME was pointed to and the J2EE server would no longer start. I changed ume.r3.connection.master.client from the deleted client number to an existing client, and the server now starts. This worked because SAPJSF already existed in the new client (user masters in new client came from old client.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Were you able to successfully do this? I the IDES installation sets the UME data source to a client 001. However, all of the IDES data in loaded in client 800, 810, 811, 812.

I want to change the portal to have the UME source of client 800.