Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to login with Firefighter ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured the SPM and was able to test the firefighter login in our sandbox. Recently we upgraded from SP5 to SP8, since then I am not able to login with the firefighter id. When I try to access the "Security" tab in /n/VIRSA/VFAT I am getting the error messge " These settings are NOT required anymore. with Message no. /VIRSA/VFAT710 ".

Any idea what might have changed and where should I look to fix this. Appreciate all your help.

Thanks,

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raj,

Please go through the Note # 1319031 for SPM logon issue after applying SP's.

In SP08, you no longer required to maintain "Security" tab details.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Edited by: Sirish Gullapalli on Jul 29, 2009 7:56 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raj,

Please go through the Note # 1319031 for SPM logon issue after applying SP's.

In SP08, you no longer required to maintain "Security" tab details.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Edited by: Sirish Gullapalli on Jul 29, 2009 7:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for you quick response. Earlier, we used to maintain the Firefighter ID & password in Security tab, so do you say that we need not have to maintain that anywhere now ? What is the Security tab used for now ? Also after the SP upgrade the user exist we implemented as per note 992200 has disappeared now. Please advice.

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

No, you do not have to maintain the passwords in security tab anymore. This tab is not used for anything now.

SP Upgrade should not have any impact on the User Exist. Is the user exist program not there in your system now or what?

Regards,

Varun

0 Kudos

Hi,

There was some security leak in the previous design of Firefighter in which we used to maintain the password in security table.

So to overcome this issue, there is no need to maintain the password in security table as the logic has been changed by which the FFID login.

So from SP07 onwards there is no need for security table.

Regards,

Shweta