Did you mean: 

LSMW to process SAP Orders - Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning an interface using LSMW to post Orders into ERP form a

text file; we need you advice to understand LSMW application from a

performance point of view and if LSMW is the right choice; we want to

import ~1.000.000 SAP orders in a 8 to12 hs maximum window; the idea is

to use BAPIs or IDOcs to speed up processing...

Any advice or recommendation from your side will be greatly appreciated!All the best,

Federico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lsmw is also good option and u can run it in back ground job and you have one more option u can use BDC also I had worked on BDC compare to lsmw BDC will be advisable

Ahmed

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also create IDocs with LSMW, so it's not really mutualy exclusive. One of the advantages of LSMW is that it can also perform the necessary conversions before creating the order, e.g. if you have a legacy material number in the file, it can be converted in LSMW. BDC should have the same speed as LSMW, with exception of these additional transformations.

Actually all options, including BAPI and IDoc end up in the same function module and could be rather slow. ATP check is usually the worst offender, followed by the custom code in the user exits and SIS updates.

Try prototyping this in a test system and see if LSMW performance is good enough. Most likely your Production system is faster - consult with your Basis admin to estimate the difference. I would not recommend investing in a BAPI program if it's just a one-time upload. SD BAPIs are notorious for not working the same way transaction does. I personally had a bad experience with them not filling in the fields for no reason and not determining the right price. If you have enough resources for testing, you might get a better performance with BAPI, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend this option.

I seriously doubt IDocs will be much faster than LSMW - they need to update their own status tables, etc. The only good thing is that you'll be able to track each order and re-process easily if an error occurs.

In any case try to utilize the system in full - maybe starting several LSMWs or other processes at the same time will be faster. Check with Basis.

former_member566877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use SAP standard BAPIs provided by SAP for SO creation. The following are the standard BAPIs for Creation. Performancewise this is much better and recommended.

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDATA

Thanks

Krish.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Both BDC or LSMW are okay as long as the users have authorisation. Normally, end users dont have authorisation of LSMW in which case, we provide a BDC through which, they can upload. So in that way, BDC has some advantage over LSMW.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi