cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No value mapping in Integration Directory, but they are in the cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently got acquainted with the fabulous world of value mappings in PI. Until now, FixValues did the trick for me, but now I have to modify the errors in someone else's work.

I read this article:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00ee347e-aabb-2a10-b298-d15a1ebf43c5&overrid...

and a bunch of other help.sap.com stuff and I still don't get a very specific thing in our system. When I check the cache from the runtime workbench, the values, agencies and what have you are all ok. However, when I go to Integration Directory, disregarding the fact that I don't have any values on the search helps for Agency and Scheme, which is quite weird, when I put the correct Agencies and Schemes, I don't get any value displayed, just blanks.

Why does this happen? Is it something wrong in the PI configuration or something that I don't see any value mapping there, altough they are in the cache?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are mixing two things or I have not understood your question properly.

The value mapping can be used in two ways...

1. Create Value Mapping directly in ID (this cannot be seen in RWB, it can be only seen in ID)

2. Value Mapping Replication:-> This requires an ABAP program and other configuration. Entries can only be seen in RWB java cache and not in ID.

So first make sure which method have been used then search accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. Create Value Mapping directly in ID (this cannot be seen in RWB, it can be only seen in ID)

*Just a corection we can see the value mappings created in Integration directory in RWB in cache monitoring.*

Just follow these steps to refresh your cache. you will no longer be able to see deleted Val mappings and newly created entries will also shown immediately.

1) Go to integration builder -- > Administration --> click on Runtime tab --> cache overview

You will find 2 things over there :

• Value Mapping Group Cache

• Value Mapping Value Cache

Refresh both of them. I hope it will work as it always work for me :).

Thanks

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for this info. Actually I never felt to look the values created directly in ID. But anyway I will check it tommorow to make sure..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could it be that these value mappings were deleted from ID after which there was no proper cache refresh. Could you see any inconsistencies in ID Menu -> Environment -> Cache notifications. As per your explaination, even cache entries seen in RWB shouldn't be visible.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strage indeed, because if I now create in the dev system a new Value Mapping, I then see it if I go in again. Thing is I wanted to see those already created value mappings in production, where I see them in the cache. It seems pretty stupid that someone deleted them in production and I can't find any standard change list for that.

There are no relevant cache notifications to this.

And if it's true that they've been deleted, how long will they remain in cache until completely dissappearing from the system?

Any other ideas?

Regards,

George