cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display only the query overall total

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a simple vc model that contains my report, I would like to have only a couple of expression boxes displaying my query "overall total" (my columns total), I don't need to display the rows detailing the report.

Is there a formula or expression in VC that calculates the total for numeric values?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the following steps -

1. In your BI query suppose you want to display at 'Country' level & you have Country & State in your query then suppress result of Country & display result only of State.

2. Get the query in your VC model from data service.

3. Add one 'Filter Operator' After the query & join the input of filter to the output of the query.

4. in the filter go to the configure element & after country right 'result' (or 'overall result if you want overall result of query)

5. Then join this filter to table or chart as per your requirement.

6. Then save & deploy the model.

you will get required result. If you still have any problems please tell me.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

I tried to apply the filter but it's not working, I don't get any results.

In my query I have a column called cost center and three columns called delivery, pending, and assigned (the columns display the number of documents that were delivered, number of documents that are pending and that have been assigned.

I want to display just the total, i don't need to display each cost center row, just the total of the query.

E.g.:

cost center DELIVERY PENDING ASSIGNED

32130 5 7 2

32170 10 0 16

32210 2 5 0

32211 3 0 18

Overall result 5 3 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am assuming that you are working with BI query. You then just select 'Always Display' for result row setting for the cost center.

& in filter (as per the procedure given above) against the 'Cost Center Field' type - overall result* (if in your query output its coming as 'Result', then in filter type - result*)

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, it worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

I have another issue with the overall result. I am displaying my report in a chart, and when turning on the tick marks in VC it's showing the totals for that chart but also the wording "Overall result" when I hover on every column of the chart.

Is there a way of not display the "Overall result" wording when using the tick marks? It's coming from my filter that I applied to display only the results.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are 2 ways to do this -

1. If you are using 'Filter' operator -

Go back to your 'BI Query' & select First field in the BI query. Suppress the result for this field, because result of only this field can come as overall result. Then Save your query. In VC refresh that query & then again save & deploy your model. 'Overall Result' will not Come.

2. If you are not using filter operator -

Right click on your data service, there is one parameter as 'Suppress sum'. Click on this & then 'Overall Result' will not come.

Caution - If your using filter operator this will suppress all the result rows & because of filter you will not get anything as output.

I would have appreciated if you would have created separate post for this.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will create another forum

Answers (0)