cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP PROXY - how to load a new field into SAP SNC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to customize our Delivery Schedule Notification proxy. I already regenerated the standard one into a Z proxy name. I already put in my custom code to load Z fields into a Z table.

Here is my new problem. The users wants more additional fields.

Here is the standard proxy generated layout for this structure:

/SCA/BIF_S_DELIVERY_SCHEDULE

CONTROLLER

ID

TYPE_CODE

CREATION_DATE_TIME

BUYER_PARTY

VENDOR_PARTY

BILL_TO_PARTY

NOTE

ITEM

Here is the new proxy generated layout for this structure:

ZDELIVERY_SCHEDULE_NOTIFICATIO

CONTROLLER

ID

TYPE_CODE

CREATION_DATE_TIME

BUYER_PARTY

VENDOR_PARTY

SUPPLYING_VENDOR

BILL_TO_PARTY

NOTE

ITEM

Notice that SUPPLYING_VENDOR is the new field. VENDOR_PARTY is already loaded into the system. How can I get SUPPLYING_VENDOR loaded into the database?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Edited by: DAVID CRAIG on Jul 29, 2009 2:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

do u mean to insert the new field value to SAP tables. Then you would require to make changes to the ABAP proxy code to read the new field value and insert it to the corresponding standard table /ztable.

~SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Thank you for the information. I need to clarify my situation.

I understand there is a PROVIDER CLASS. Within that PROVIDER CLASS there is a METHOD. Inside that METHOD there is a place for me to put my code in. I have already done that work for a previous requirement. I moved Z fields to a Z table.

My new requirement has a field SUPPYING_VENDOR that was inserted into one of the SAP structures. It was placed next to VENDOR_PARTY.

Here are my steps of execution:

1. Go to transaction /N/SCA/ICH_S (SNC Supplier View)

2. Click on RELEASE

3. Click on RELEASE OVERVIEW

4. Click on GO

5. Click on DETAILS

6. Click on the SHIP-FROM LOCATION tab

The SHIP-FROM LOCATION field is currently being populated by the VENDOR_PARTY field from the proxy. This is done automatically by SAP.

1. How do I find the table and field name for that field? This is in the Supply Network Collaboration screen, not normal SAP transaction.

2. How do I get that SUPPLYING_VENDOR data to populate SHIP-FROM LOCATION instead of VENDOR_PARTY?

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

> 1. How do I find the table and field name for that field? This is in the Supply Network Collaboration screen, not normal SAP transaction.

Go to SNC system and then do the steps mentioned in this thread to see the table name and field name:

> 2. How do I get that SUPPLYING_VENDOR data to populate SHIP-FROM LOCATION instead of VENDOR_PARTY?

If you want to change the standard code then you need to copy the proxy and then change accordingly. You need to change the logic in your SNC system.

So the best thing would be copy the existing message type for this SNC integration in PI to a different name. Then add all the additional new fields. Then you create a proxy in SNC system and then write the logic for the new fields.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish.

That is the normal approach in getting the field and table names.

SNC is a totally different kind of system. Have you ever found the VENDOR number on the SNC box? Users are not going to a normal SAP screen for processing. They go to a webdynpro transaction.

How do you find the tables in a SNC box for information like VENDOR?

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeap you are correct David.

Also I dont have the SNC system with me, so I could not tell you the exact table. But if you know the name of the webdynpro you can get this from SE80 or from the code behind the webdynpro. Also would suggest to put the same questions in APO forums and see for further more responses.

Please check this document if it helps in any sort:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_snc2007/files/release_notes.pdf

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to what others mentioned, you need to add the field to the PI datatype also.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

If you want SUPPLYING_VENDOR to be loading into database, first check whether you have that field in the database or not. If not then you need to add that column to the standard one. Also you need to write the logic within your prody for this field to load the data into the table. If you want to know how to do this please post this question in abap forums for more responses.

Regards,

---Satish