cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import IDOC metadata from 4.6C based R/3 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

As part of a project we are trying to import IDOC interface definition into XI3.0 from our 4.6C based R/3 System. I have gone through the pre-requisites mentioned at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2b/a48f3c685bc358e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

One of the OSS notes 672745 in the above pre-requisites talks about applying basis component patch SAPKB46C46. Our current R/3 System is on the basis patch SAPKB46C39. Is there a way to import just the required function modules without applying the whole patch so that we can

continue with the projet ?

cheers.

Ramesh Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to enter user-id and password in upper case and problem is solved.

cheers

Ramesh.

Message was edited by: Ramesh Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an RFC destination from XI system to 4.6C system and while testing the connection, we have realised that the etc/services file on XI is not complete to get connected to 4.6C system. After updating the etc/services file for the required gateway and system ID, we are now getting an error "Invalid User/Password Combination". This is bizarre since I am able to log-in to 4.6C system with the same user-id and password.

Has anybody encountered this ? Any thoughts ?

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no SM59 RFC destination involved. For creating IDOCs in R/3(4.6c) system, I am trying to import IDOC through SWC->imported objects-> IDOCs. I am getitng a message "Unable to establish connection to R/3 system". I have gone through the pre-requisites for 4.6C mentioned at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2b/a48f3c685bc358e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

We don't have another R/3 system at required patch level SAPKB46C46.

Is there a workaround for this?. I remember reading in this forum, that there are other ways of importing IDOC message and interface objects as XSD files directly instead of using import wizard.

cheers

Ramesh.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>There is no SM59 RFC destination involved.</i>

Go to SM59 of the XI box and check, the R/3 system for which XI is having RFC destinations.

And before importing, hope you have given R/3 system IP address, client , user id and Password correctly in the Software componenet version.

<i>Is there a workaround for this?. I remember reading in this forum, that there are other ways of importing IDOC message and interface objects as XSD files directly instead of using import wizard.</i>

>> For this you need to download the Idoc Schema from the R/3 system and then import this schema in the External Definition as a xsd type.

But you need to connect to R/3 system and import the Idoc, Because in the directory, you are going to use Idoc itself as an Message Interface. So the xsd used for changing the occurence of the Idoc type, so that you can post mulitiple idocs.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried changing the rfc dest

for your port and direct it to any other r/3

system which has this patch level?

I'm not sure if this will work

but you can give it a try until you apply the correct patch:)

Regards,

michal