cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation for Proj. structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that there is a provision to create a validation under "Consistency Check project structure". If I create a validation here where shall I assign this (like if we create a Proj. defn or WBS validation, we can assign the same in the Proj. profile). I want this to be assigned in the similar way.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For consistency check in Project structure, the validation will not get activated directly.So you cannot default it in OPSA.

Such consistency check validations are used in transactions CNC4 & CNC5.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check OPSI

REgards,

Pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritam,

Thanks for yoiur mail. Actually, I had created the Validaiton in OPSI, my qn. is where to assign this validation so that system checks the project structure.

thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinvidh_1,

You need to assign the validation at project profile.

IMG-PS-Structures-Operative structures-WBS-Create Project profile (OPSA)

Select the project profile and open it in Control tab tehre is a screen area Valication: Project definition and WBS elements Mention your validation in the required filed select Automatic Validation.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your mail. Already I tried this. Actually, if we create a validation for Project, we will assign this in OPSA whereas I have created a validation under "Consistency check Project Structure" where to assign this validation as it is not appearing in OPSA when I use F4 for validation for Proj. def.. If I forcibly enter this, it gives a message, this validation is assigned to class 73 and not to class 70. How to proceed.

thanks

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

Can you open that error message and provide the details here??

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check the validation that you defined is valid for which all levels like Project definition, WBS , Network header, network activity. Because while checking consistency for Project, the rule should be defined for all levels.

Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj