cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Cannot determine sdm host (is empty).

former_member445996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy a web dynpro project to out J2EE machine but it's aborting giving me the error message: "Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !"

Does anyone know where I define this entry?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

This is the one solution for this problem.

But if you have specified J2ee engine settings and still it is giving same error then check whether SDM instance is running or not. open the J2EE Engine tab in NWDS, check sdm instance here.

Regards,

Bhavik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the following configuration .

1. Go to Menu Windows->Preferences. Select SAP J2EE Engine. Than Select the Option "SAP J2EE engine install on local host" and than Click on Browse button and Select Local Engine Installed on Your Machine.

2. After that Go to SAP Management Console. Start the Local Engine.

3. To do this all configurations you should be logged as an admin user.

Message was edited by: Kiran Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aurang,

In order to configure this, go to NWDS, Window>Preferences>SAP J2EE Engine

Them, select the proper configuration: Remote (if J2EE is running in other machine) or Local.

Ensure that the server is running (if is not running, it returns the same error), and the firewall rules are ok.

Hope it helps...

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aurang,

You have to enter the SDM host as the name of your J2EE server with the port. Go to:

<b>Window -> Prefrences -> SAP J2EE engine -></b> <i>Here Enter the values of</i> <b>Message Server Host</b> <i>and</i> <b>Message Server Port</b>.

After that you problem will be resolved.

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider rewarding points if solved and helpful.