Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Standard FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to copy Standard FM IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS

( The Function Group and Includes ) .I am getting a message "There is more than one main program" if I double click on any function.

Question : Do I need to copy each and every includes into Z* ?

I fear since the Sub Includes are still Standard Incl.

when the performs are called would the passing variables still retain the value?

I am getting syntax error in one of the nested Incl.However allows me to activate the Main program without any issues?

Pl Advise

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

the ideal way is to goto se80

open the function group

CLICK on the function group.

right-click and select COPY !

In this way, it will copy

all includes, top files, all functional modules .

A new window will come

there u have to specify the NEW name

of the related function module,

for all fms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

IN THIS CASE YOU HAVE TO COPY THOSE INCLUDE PROGRAM THAT YOU R GOING TO USE.YES IF THAT INCLUDE IS HAVING A SUB INCLUDE AND YOU FEEL THE USE OF THAT SUB INCLUDE THAN YOU HAVE TO RENAME IT TO Z*.SEARCH THE REQUIRED CHANGES THROUGH THE GLOBAL SEARCH AND THAN DO THE CHANGES OF APPROPRIATE INCLUDE PROGRAM TO Z PROGRAMS.

THANKS

MRUTYUN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Prakash,

Follow these steps :

Re: Copying a standard function module

Posted: May 5, 2006 12:13 AM Reply E-mail this post

1. The FUNCTION GROUP is VEDA

2. goto se80

3. open function group VEDA

4. Right-click on it and select copy.

5. Enter the new function group as ZVEDA.

6. Then it display all the function module IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS and

ask to copy it to new name.

7. Prefix Z to this fm.

8. click ok, and then it creates everything.

<b>Now activate the function group zveda. and then try to click on that user exit in the fm ZIDOC_INPUT_ORDERS .

It should work.</b>

Regards,

Kunal.

Message was edited by: Kunal Kumar

Message was edited by: Kunal Kumar

0 Kudos

I did the same thing but my doubt is about subincludes .

Which will stay as it is EX: LVEDAF1D,LVEDAF04 .I think I need to recreate this here with Z* includes

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

u may retain the standard includes itself.. u need to copy them into Z in case u have something to change inside them..

Hope it helps,

Regards..

0 Kudos

You will have to copy the subroutines in those includes manually, to the includes of your function group.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful posts

0 Kudos

There is some user exists too present in the FM 'IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS' .Please do let me know is that ok to copy or do I need to do something extra ?.Thanks in advance .

0 Kudos

I don't think you will be requiring the user exits and more over if you retain them if some one uses them tomorrow, it will start affecting your code as well.

SO, if you want that, retain them, else you can remove.

My call will be remove that.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

There is user exist in standard FM which is already been used and even I want that in my copied FM .But when I tried to double click on user exist which is present in copied FM not able to get into that function .I am getting message saying which is not exists do u want to create this function .Please help me with this .

0 Kudos

You are right, you will not be able to use that user exit function in your function. Please remove that and try.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

don't worry it's means there is nothing in uerexit u click 1st time on that ....

ravi told u if there is any coding in userexit (z include ) just delete it. otherwise it is not in use...