cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross docking in ERP 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am configuring a simpel-one step setup for cross docking in wm. at first step allowing only opportunistic cross docking.,

which will be processed automaticly at goods receipt.

I followed the documentation for all prerequisites, but I cannot make cross docking work.

I have an outbound delivery created - material not available on stock

I have an inbound TR (materials booked to GR-area with MIGO transaction)

I have defined a cross docking storage type, but I assume this is only relevant for two-step process.

When I create a put-away transfer order, I would expect the shipping storage type to be destination storage type - but it

goes to normal warehouse stock.

So :

What is recomended for planning time - default release time - what is the exact influence of these dates ?

Do I need to make GR against an inbound delivery - or will GR with MIGO against a purchase order work ?

Oportunistic cross docking should be fully integrated in WM, so I am in "deep water" , searching for what is missing.

Any comments or surgestions would be greatfull

Thanks

John

Edited by: John Pedersen on Jul 29, 2009 2:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your comments - it was very helpfull. I managed to create one decission and one crossdocking flow.

thanks again

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

I have a similar requirement (One step cross dock with inbound TR and outbound delivery) and I am kinda struck. Can you please let me know the steps you followed to configure the above scenario?

Regards,

Suri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For Oppertunistic Cross dock..

You need to create either Putaway TO/Pick TO and then system checks the cross doc and cancel the TO and create a new TO from 902 to 916. and also updates in the document flow. This you can do with out Cross dock monitor. With out planning the cross dock you can do the cross docking by following the config in help.sap.com.

for more information about the complete config you need to see the sap link below. sure it will help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/f85c504afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

thanks.

tkreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is one step cross docking, then you need not have to specify Cross Docking Storage type in the settings.

Thanks

Vinod.

Edited by: Funko Technical on Jul 29, 2009 8:22 PM

Edited by: Funko Technical on Jul 29, 2009 8:22 PM