cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Please tell me what is notification mail? what is its purpose ?

when its get generated ?

can you let me know the whole functionality of notification mail

Please consider any exampole of shopping cart in which 3 to 4 approvers are reuired

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Notification mails tell users that they have something in their inbox to approve.

If they do not get notification mails then approvers will have to check their inbox preiodically to see if something is in there or rely on the user that wants something approving to tell the approver to check thier inbox.

Notification mails are triggered by SRM program RSWUWFMLEC and can be single (1 mail per thing to approve) or colective (1 mail per user). You have to make sure that the "forward work item" attribute is set to X in PPOMA_BBP.

If there are 4 approvers who need to approve the cart, and it goes to 1 approver, then the next, the approvers will only get the mail when the workflow is sent to them. So when the cart is saved only 1 mail will be sent. When approver 1 does the approval a mail will be sent to approver 2 and so on.

If there are 4 approvers who get the workflow at the same time, and any 1 can do the approval, then there will be 4 mails sent immediately.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

thanks for your quick erply.

if i want to know whether workflow against tht shopping cart has worked fine ?

I have checked the necessary Customizing settings (Define receipent of Notification)

Specifically against user I have verified attribute FORWARD_WI "Flag: Forward work item,'' against user and it is are maintained in PPOMA_BBP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Those notifications are different.

Those SPRO settings will work with the standard workflows to define who gets a message under what event. It works with custom workflows as well I think.

For example, if you define that for shopping carts the initiator gets a mail, that means that the workflow will create a mail directly to the user that created the cart when the cart is approved or rejected. This will happen as soon as the approver does the approval or rejection, and it is created by the workflow, not by any program.

This is different to the mails sent by RSWUWFMLEC. They are mails to remind users that there is something in their inbox.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI David,

just scheduling the report RSWUWFMLEC will send mails to the approvers? or do we need to set any thing in SCOT t-code.

becasue we have scheduled the report but mails are not going to approver.

kindly suggest what is missing at our site.we have maintained the attributes required in org structure as well

regards

subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SubuSRM,

Go to transcation SCOT , double click SMTP under Supported Address Types tab , click the button against Internet and see if the emailid of the user is maintained here.

You can also check in transcation SOST the status of the mail.If you find the mail in SOST than it is trigered properly but problem is with SMTP connection.