Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New version of standalone theme editor

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SAP has released this morning on SDN a new version of the standalone theme editor:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/library/uuid/502e9e64-585e-2c10-b7b6-b3ba1214f06e

I know we get quite a few questions about the theme editor on this forum. This new version should help with the release level compatibility problems becuase it is release level independent. I just downloaded this morning myself, so I haven't had a chance to try it out either. Hopefully this new version will ease some of the problems that people had editing standalone themes in the past. This new version of the theme editor remains an unoffical tool, so support is only handled via SDN and not via support tickets.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196023
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am new to this theme editor, so if possible, please provide information / document link for how to use this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Can I use this with my regular NDS (7SP18) or do I have to install another eclipse? I've tried to unzip the plugins but I don't see the option to create a new UR project.

Regards

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I only posted the news that there was a new version of the theme editor as a service to the forum. I'm by no means an expert on the tool and actually have never used the new version myself yet. I'm afraid that I don't have any expertise on the subject to share currently. I woudl suggest that you create your own forum threads for problems/questions.

There is a also a sticky thread in this forum placed there by the theme editor development team asking for enhancement suggestions. Although you shouldn't spam this thread with problem questions, it is fair to share your experiences/frustrations with the tool directly with the developers via this thread.

martin_kuehnert
Explorer
0 Kudos

thx very much for the information. unfortunately I cannot find out how to create styles for lightspeed rendering.

All themes are only for the old UR rendering. the tradeshow_plus does not even show up in the theme projects overview.

Does anyone know how to create those?

EDIT: Ok I found out that they will be generated automaticly.

Edited by: Martin Kühnert on Jul 31, 2009 11:44 AM