cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorization for CVC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Am getting an error "You do not have authorization for all the characteristic values selected" while clicking on my selection id. This happens for all availeble planning books and for other users too. This system was working fine till last week. Its SCM 5.1. Please help.

Regards,

Ganesh Pai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

We faced a similar problem, on running SU53 we got that the authorisation for 0BI_ALL was missing. This solved the problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont get any error in SU53 and 0BI_ALL is not there at all to add into any role. Could you please explain step by step how you did it please.

Thanks,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Go to transaction PFCG > Go to authorisations in the role > Change Authorisation data > Manually Add > S_RS_AUTH >

Go to editing of BI Analysis of authorization data and add 0BI_ALL.

Save the role and do the rest for the profile generation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nalin Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nalin,

First, Thanks for your suggestion. I am trying it as you explained but i have a problem.

When i go to 'Change Authorisation Data' i get a popup called 'Choose Template'. Here i have various S_RS_* objects but not S_RS_AUTH. So i add that manually. But i dont understand how to add 0BI_ALL here. I tried google on this, but din get much help. Please give me step by step process on adding '0BI_ALL.

Thanks,

Ganesh Pai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I am mailing you the screenshots. Hope they are helpful.

Regards,

Nalin Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nalin. Problem Solved.

Ganesh Pai

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does the SU53 results give in terms of authorisation failures.

Check if there is some BW authorisation added to the planning characteristics (transaction RSSM).

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the help. I have forwarded the info to my Basis team and hoping that it gets solved.

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We need to assign the role S_RS_AUTH to give the access to all char in DP,

Yarala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx. I went to transaction PFCG and typed this role 'S_RS_AUTH'. It says this role does not exist.

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Ganesh,

Sorry for the confusion,

I got the same kind authorization error for one of my user last week and when we tried with SU53, it was showing that missing authorizaton object as S_RS_AUTH. find the below details for the same. i think the role is my project specific. i am not expert in basis stuff, but below information is helpful for you.. thats fine.

Auth object: S_RS_AUTH

Profile Name T-AS730040

Profile for role Z_APO_TEMP1

Yarala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh Pai,

I guess your issue is more linked to connection settings.

Did you check with your basis team?

If possible, try to disconnect the newly added ides and

check whether issue is reproducable or not. If not,

issue will be with some other area.

Check user authorisation roles/authorisations are

assigned in line with basis team. Check RFC and

livecache settings as well.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh Pai,

Please check whether all users are assigned to planning book and data view under

the transaction /SAPAPO/SDPPLBK

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, The users are assigned.

There is a background for this problem. We have scm 5.1 in our server without IDES. So we installed one more scm 5.1 with IDES in same server. I guess this has some link to this problem.

We could not instal IDES on existing scm, since there are some customer demos that we dont want to loose. So we got one more scm with seperate Livecache and IDES installed on same machine.

Ganesh Pai