cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI for the 04s preview fails with 'SLD name-server configuration error'

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the installation, everything seems to work fine except that when I go to CMS, the links on the top seems to be hardcoded to point to http://pwdf3102:50100/dtr, even in the Domain Data. When I tried to change it to my local server, it keeps complaining about "Unexpected error; inform your system administrator: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSExceptionMessages', ID='SLD name-server configuration error', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key SLD name-server configuration error"

Any suggestions on how to work around this? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

floK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I had today same error. There is also a Note for this error:

Note 1118009 - SLD name-server configuration error in CMS

Best regards,

Florian Keller

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to check 2 things-

Does the SLD server have a <b>SAP_SystemLandscapeDirectory</b> entry in SLD?

Are there more than one SAP_SystemLandscapeDirectory entries in the SLD? NWDI may fall over in this case; so delete any additional entries. This is a bug in certain SPs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Conal,

May I know, where can I check this SAP_SystemLandscapeDirectory in SLD?.

Thank U in Advance,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Have you resolved this problem yet? I am running through the same issue.

Thanks and any help is appreciated,

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same problem (04s SP9-preview). After removing the invalid systems and correcting the nameserver-Url it worked.

Norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yan,

I just ran into this problem today. Can I trouble you to explain what you mean by "remove the bad system from the SLD"? How do I identify this system?

Thank you for your help with this.

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

Try to import the model file first by going to SLD->Administration->Import CIM Model. If the problem sticks, then try to remove the systems. The preview version has lots of pre-exist system name in the technical system, which you can find giving errors since they're not reachable. So you can remove them from SLD (Home->Technical Systems) if they are preventing you from procceeding.

You need to go to http://server:port/dtr/system-tools/administration/NameServerConfiguration to update the name server as well.

Hope this helps...

Message was edited by: Yujian Yan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yan,

Thank you for the help on this. I my case the SLD is already populated with systems that our in our landscape. We are looking into the possibility that the issue is being caused by an SLD running on a WAS 7.0 SP6 system and NWDI running on a AS 6.40 SP11 system. I verified the configuration of th connected name server but that didn't make a difference.

Thank you for clarifying the corrective action you took.

Regards,

Brian Vandehey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring 2004s NWDI sp7...

I have a problem in the step DEVELOP Using NWDI, when I am trying to import the development configuration.....

I am not getting the "Name Server" in build variants...

Anybody has any idea please let me know.....

Thank u in Advance,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove all of them except the name server that you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just need to remove the bad system from the SLD, and reimport the model files. Solved it with help from SAP Angel.