cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Columns action block in MII 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing a problem in Calculated Columns action block which comes under XML functions in MII 12.1.2

Path :--> "Calculated Columns->Configure object"

When i assign direct expression i.e.(column1*column2) as a value in user defined column it is working fine.

I created a local string variable with same value i.e. (column1*column2)

"Calculated Columns->Configure object"

when i am trying to assign a above created Local string variable as a expression (local.CreatedVariable) for the user defined column, It is giving local variable value i.e.(column1column2) as a single string , but I need to get calculated value i.e. (column1column2)

Note: It should recognize the operator symbole and should calculate as per the operator.

can anyone explain me that how to pass expression through string variable into

Calculated Columns->Configure object-->expression?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

using # is also not required.

Use assignment action there make

local.variable=col1*col2

And in calculated column's configure box just use

local.variable

in expression dialog and add this to user-defined column.

It is working fine for me.

-Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

That probably won't work, Suresh...at least not the way the Calculated Columns is intended to work. I think that will only work for a single row resultset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

You have got my posting in other way,what I intended to say is I've mentioned like this:

I'm storing the column values in local properties col1 and col2 and passing the calulation of these properties into another local variable.And using this local variable in expresiion dialog box of calculated column action.

-Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the solution for this query

we have to pass #Local variable# in expression and local variable = #(Column1*Column1)# or #your expression#