cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP01: Workaround for failure during shutdown fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the workaround mentioned in SAP Note Number 891115 because we are having problems during the shutdown sequence of our registered addon. An application error occurs after everything exits. I followed the instructions and performed Application.Exit on a separate thread, but the same error occurs even after the delay. Earlier I found that this error is occurring in ace2005.dll. I understand that this is an open source component. I should be able to get the source code for this component and debug it myself, then, should I not? (The open source license requires that code modifications be made public.) Of course if someone has any suggestions for working around this problem without having to debug into B1 code, that'd be appreciated too.

(I am running on patch 2, but the same problem occurs on patch 3, but I haven't tried the work-around on patch 3.)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I checked the Company object's source code - and it turned out that Disconnect() is called in the destructor of the Company object anyway!

I.e. apparently you don't need to call Disconnect() at all - unless you want to change from one database to another.

...this is at least what I can tell you from the code, but I will raise the issue to R&D!

Thanks for insisting,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, it worked! I eliminate the call to Company.Disconnect and no more errors during shutdown. Thanks!

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (0)